MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mines of Moria
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I was looking around EBay today, and I noticed a pair of 17" mini rims that I liked. I know the Cooper S comes with an option for 17" tires, can the Cooper be equipted with them as well? are there any blocks or changes I will need to make if I put them on? I would imagine I would have to get the speedometer recalibrated for 17" as opposed to stock 15"

-- Joshua

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
Any of the OEM MINI wheels will fit Cooper or Cooper S.
So those 17's you like would be a simple bolt-on to your Cooper.
No need to re-calibrate the speedo - have a look at the FAQ on wheels/tires for the overall diameter of stock fittings and reasonable substitute sizes - it's a wealth of information.

·
Club Nouvelle MINI Member
55 Posts
My Cooper came out with 17" wheels from the factory and i have on both side on my rear bumper an original little piece of plastic who makes the bumper larger ,a part you see not on Cooper with 15" or 16" wheels .

·
Mines of Moria
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hamster said:
My Cooper came out with 17" wheels from the factory and i have on both side on my rear bumper an original little piece of plastic who makes the bumper larger ,a part you see not on Cooper with 15" or 16" wheels .
Actually the rims I am looking at are exactly what you have on your Mini Cooper. They are currently up for bid on Ebay. If my luck holds out I will get all 4 of them with shipping for just under 200.00 US. I think that is a fair price

-- Joshua

·
Back in a first gen.
1,386 Posts
Hyia :D
I had 17" wheels on my ONE, and I can't wait to have them put on my New Cooper
(My Mom has them on her car at the moment - she's having the new 16" that came on my new car)
I don't really notice that much of a difference apart that you can 'feel the road' a little more.
Larger wheels look great. Go for it. :D

·
I'm Back!
2,590 Posts
Had mine fitted yesterday along with a few other bits ;)..( pics to come tomorrow as its been pouring down here)...first impression from 15" with OEM Tyres to OEM 17" r/f....can hardly tell the difference, tiny bit more road noise, look awesome :) ride just a bit firmer..I love 'em...just got to run them new tyres in for a few miles first to get the newness off!....:D

·
Registered
836 Posts
hamster said:
Yeah I've noticed that before too. I love my 17's - you gots to get 17's! When I was gonna buy alloys for my old car I thought that bout th speedo too : )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.