MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Totally Mental!
21,789 Posts
ive certainly read pretty good things about the pirellis, and the way i'd look at it is, if you're going to spend 1300 quid on wheels and tyres, would you not be better going for the good tyres, it's only an extra 200 quid, not really that much more in the grand scheme of things. PLus if you're getting them from khan themselves, they're probably more reputable than going through some 3rd party which might cost more in the long run if you have to go chasing after them...

·
Registered
40 Posts
My thoughts exactly, I asked some of the guys I work with about Kuhmo one said he used to put them on his transit van when he couldn't afford decent tyres. Think I'll stick with the Pirellis.

·
what happened to that boy
1,626 Posts
HDgaz said:
My thoughts exactly, I asked some of the guys I work with about Kuhmo one said he used to put them on his transit van when he couldn't afford decent tyres. Think I'll stick with the Pirellis.
it all comes down to marketting. i've used pirellis, goodyears and kumho and to be honest havent noticed that big a difference between them. Kumho are bringing their game to the next level in an attempt to compete with the more popular manufacturers... you just need to watch most motor sports and you'll see Kumho signs everywhere.

I'm running Kumhos at the moment, but i will be replacing them with Toyo's new tires for show purposes.

·
Doncaster MINI Register
408 Posts
pirelli's are great for a while but you never get full wear from them because they get very noisey as the tread gets low. They sound like the bearings have gone. Great grip from them though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tires Suggestions?

I have a Mini Cooper 09, 18 inch rims Potenza tires;
I am curious and wondering what other Type of tires would be recommended, if* I were to widen/thicken the tires (apologies as I just acquired the car recently)

thanks cheers,

J

41 - 46 of 46 Posts