MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering putting 18" alloys on my daughters 'One Cab', purely for visual effect, not worried about the performance side of things really.
Has anyone done this? and what offset do i need to get so they don't rub and will i still be able to lower the car?

Any clues / info would be grateful :)

Chris

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
This is possible. From the DIY & FAQ section of this site.

The bolt pattern is 4x100mm.

The centerbore is 56.1mm.

The offset (ET) can range from 35mm to 52mm depending on the wheel size, as detailed in the FAQs on factory and aftermarket wheel availability.

You will then need the corretc size tyres so as not to effect your speedo reading. Most people on 18s seem to run 215/35/18. Some other sizes will work too, but some rubbing issues have been reported.

I run 18's myself, with a 40et, 215/35/18 tyres, and 30mm lowering springs. No rubbing at all.

My advice is don't go with heavy wheels as it will ruin the performance, ride, and handling of the car. A final comment would be that I will not be going for 18s again as they far too easily damaged on this country's roads. Will be having 17s next time.

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
18's are ok on a ONE, as long as you get some lighter 18" wheels but high quality then performance wont be damaged.

I have 18's on my one, 18x7.5 tyres- 215/35/18 offset 43mm on the back and 33mm on the front(due to 10mm spacers)

I am also lowered about 70/75mm on coilovers and no rubbing on arches and that is with the top of tyres hidden by the arch all round. Will try and get some pics up later.

Check out rimstyle.com. Select mini and wheel size and search through to see what wheels are available for you. You can also buy them on that site with locking nuts to go with the wheels and tyres.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys...much appreciated :)

Look forward to seeing some pics of your 'One' on 18"s Darthbladerni :nice:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts