MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a mini cooper last week and had a few questions! P/x an 07 reg clio for this so i cant wait!!

Mini Cooper D - Chilli Pack with extras inc stripes/multi function steering wheel/chrome line etc etc

* I have an iphone will this work with contacts via steering wheel and ipod as well? Its an iphone 3G....... Mini garage mentioned a Y lead?

*Interior Light pack? sounds interesting and given its a mini guessing it is?!? Cant find anywhere that explains it?

*How is everyone finding the mini cooper d for fuel? is it living up to the hype?

Finally hello!! If anyone can answer q's above brilliant if not point me in the right direction.

Thanks all

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
welcome to both your new mini and the forum. you need a single pin adaptor lead for the ipod and yes it should work through the multi wheel. The interior light pack gives you a choice of light effects around speakers and door handle interior from orange to blue and colours in between. If my mini coopers fuel economy is to be a guid then the deisel should be in the high 50mpg.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Ordered a mini cooper last week and had a few questions! P/x an 07 reg clio for this so i cant wait!!

Mini Cooper D - Chilli Pack with extras inc stripes/multi function steering wheel/chrome line etc etc

* I have an iphone will this work with contacts via steering wheel and ipod as well? Its an iphone 3G....... Mini garage mentioned a Y lead?

*Interior Light pack? sounds interesting and given its a mini guessing it is?!? Cant find anywhere that explains it?

*How is everyone finding the mini cooper d for fuel? is it living up to the hype?

Finally hello!! If anyone can answer q's above brilliant if not point me in the right direction.

Thanks all
Interior light pack - its the mood lighting. You can change the colour from orange to blue!

Cooper D doesn't do 70 mpg - try about 50!

Iphone - not sure.

If its not too late add the visibility pack - heated screen is great in winter!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
interior light pack sounds like blackpool iluminations but interesting!!! I have heard mixed things about the iphone and its compatability! i want to be able to use the steering wheel for changing music on dash and also using phone, if i can do one of those or both im happy! from what i have read it seems to be a much debated topic!!!

i cant wait to get it now, ordered about a week ago via my company but not heard on delivery dates yet!!

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
interior light pack sounds like blackpool iluminations but interesting!!! I have heard mixed things about the iphone and its compatability! i want to be able to use the steering wheel for changing music on dash and also using phone, if i can do one of those or both im happy! from what i have read it seems to be a much debated topic!!!

i cant wait to get it now, ordered about a week ago via my company but not heard on delivery dates yet!!
Interior light pack is definitely worth having :D Subtle but there ;)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Test drove the Dooper on my commute route(60 miles total) and got 63mpg and wasn't really trying - checking out the power (or lack of!). I'd expect to get 60 plus regularly and would like to think that 70 was possible. Yes, if I drive it hard then 50 or lower is likely, however driving like this on a regular basis is gonna get me points on my license and I need to be able to drive to work.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yes your iPhone will work (I have one and mine works with my 2009 Cooper S with basic bluetooth), but it can only perform one function at a time. You can either have it paired with the car via bluetooth so you can use it as a phone or you can have it connected to the stereo via the Y cable.

In both instances you'll be able to use the MFSW to control it (answer calls or change tracks depending on use) but if you want to do both you'll have to invest in another iPod (I have one specifically for car use).

Hope this helps.
Richard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes your iPhone will work (I have one and mine works with my 2009 Cooper S with basic bluetooth), but it can only perform one function at a time. You can either have it paired with the car via bluetooth so you can use it as a phone or you can have it connected to the stereo via the Y cable.

In both instances you'll be able to use the MFSW to control it (answer calls or change tracks depending on use) but if you want to do both you'll have to invest in another iPod (I have one specifically for car use).

Hope this helps.
Richard.

Thanks for this info, i assume i need the Y cable to use the ipod in the car then for music? not ideal i suppose but i have a 2nd ipod sat doing nothing anyway so i will use that!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not too sure on this and I hope someone can clarify but I think there is a part that you can order that allows you to play music through bluetooth on the iphone - Bluetooth telephone audio adapter, around £70 - once it is connected in the armrest snap in adapter.

May want to check with the dealer as it would be a shame to loose that function for £70, I don't have an iphone and have an ipod for my music so haven't really explored it.

I think there is a thread in ICE that may explain this.

HTH

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
another question for you guys, the cooper went onto production line on the 6th october how long does it take from that stage?

I get constant updates through my company as its ordered through the vehicle finance side of business in my personal name but using the agreed fleet terms so got a very good discount! so not sure if its slightly faster lead time or not!? only ordered it on 20th sept?!

Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've just clocked my first 1k miles on my Dooper and am averaging at 63/64 mpg.

I have the snap in adaptor for the arm rest for iphone but havent tried using it for music whilst its been in there - I'll have to give it a go on the way home :D

Hope it arrives quickly then you can enjoy driving it :D :D :D

K

·
MPG Slag
29 Posts
I ordered my Dooper at the end of last month, around the 25th and it's at the dealers now!
Hoping to have time to collect it on Saturday!

I too have the Chiili, with MFSW and a few other bits and will be using mine with an iPhone and a USB SD Mini 8gig stick for my music.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my work have spoken to the dealer and expect to tie the paperwork up this with a view to collection next saturday!! cant wait

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
found my cooper neatly covered up in the middle of the showroom on saturday, brilliant car no regrets love it! connects with iphone well for contacts but will go down the usb stick for music i think!!

what a great car and worth the wait!

anyone looking to order in the coming weeks could find a long wait on their hands the dealership i used had 50 orders but were only given slots for 15!!! apparently you can expect delivery well into next year now

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
p.s ordered from the oxford dealership so very close to factory and they couldnt even get a few extra build slots!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts