MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 58 plate Cooper D for a month or so now (it is an ex-manager / demo car at a mini main dealers). With 7k miles on the clock, it is indicating that the 1st service is due in 5k miles, i.e. at 12,000 milest total.

Is this abnormally low? :confused: I thought the 1st service was around 20k miles, and whilst I could understand it dropping a bit, based on its use during its first 5 month's life at the dealers, an almost 50% drop seems excessive. If it doesn't improve for subsequent services the TLC package is going to run out very early :mad:

·
settling in nicely
246 Posts
the default service interval for diesel coopers is 12k. with the conditional servicing it can be longer or shorter depending on how you drive it - i was led to believe that if you drove mostly motorway miles it would be longer, but i still had to book mine in for the first service at pretty much bang on 12k. looks like my second one's not even going to be at 24, i'm at 15k at the moment and it's flashing 7000 miles at me at the moment.

·
Registered
160 Posts
yip my first was done at just over 12k. Second one is indicated at another 9k away and im just about to turn 17k now. This means fourth tlc service ticket unlikely to be useable:angry:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine is showing first service at 20K! Mentioned this to the service guy at Cotswold Mini because I didn't realise the service indicator changes with driving style (it was reading 19K when I bought the car).

Basically, the harder you drive, the sooner the service.

·
Registered
50 Posts
BTW, what should be done during first service?

I made mine on 8K km (due to MU) and what they did - just changed oil and filter (no air filters changed).

·
Registered
506 Posts
Had my 58 plate Cooper D for a month or so now (it is an ex-manager / demo car at a mini main dealers). With 7k miles on the clock, it is indicating that the 1st service is due in 5k miles, i.e. at 12,000 milest total.

Is this abnormally low? :confused: I thought the 1st service was around 20k miles, and whilst I could understand it dropping a bit, based on its use during its first 5 month's life at the dealers, an almost 50% drop seems excessive. If it doesn't improve for subsequent services the TLC package is going to run out very early :mad:
12k miles too early?! My old jeep cherokee needed done every 7.5k, think yourself lucky!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts