MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due tommorrow to sort a few minor niggles / rattles and have book stamped at 10,000 miles....

Just a quick question - can i save myself my weekly clean and dirt removal as should i expect it to look like new after the service? even if they report that the whole thing takes approx an hour?!

thanks

PS am test driving an 's' to pass the time!

·
Lovin my iPod
1,935 Posts
Yep,
I deliberately got my old One particularly dirty before the first service last summer. The service took less than an hour, and the car looked like new when they had finished. :)
G :ibblack:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fantastic - i shall have fun in the country lanes and as many dirt puddles as possible tonite on purpose then!

I'm intrigued by beej's "service"?!

·
Registered
49 Posts
:mad: My dealers stitched me up, they said the 1st service would take 40mins - 1hr but when I got there they said it wouldnt be ready for 5 :eek: hours or so. As I hadnt ordered a courtesy car (they never have any spare do they?) I had to bus and walk all the way home then taxi back to collect it later. Thanks a lot. :mad:

·
Registered
510 Posts
yellowliquid said:
:mad: My dealers stitched me up, they said the 1st service would take 40mins - 1hr but when I got there they said it wouldnt be ready for 5 :eek: hours or so. As I hadnt ordered a courtesy car (they never have any spare do they?) I had to bus and walk all the way home then taxi back to collect it later. Thanks a lot. :mad:
If they don't have any courtesy cars available they should be able to offer you a lift to and from where you need to be... my local dealer does.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I just had my mini One in for its 10k oil change (well, only 7900 on the clock....:rolleyes: ). Mill garages in east boldon. Took exactly one hour. Telly to watch, a little coffee counter thing with loads to drink and eat and magazines to read while I waited. The staff at mill are very polite and professional.... well the service department anyway, the mini salesman is a whole other story....lets just say he lost out on the commission he would have earned from the 20k mcc I ordered from another dealer! The service guy that I saw I've seen a couple times. Very helpful and rather cute which is always a bonus. The car was filthy, covered in dead insects and road film, alloys black. They give it a good wash, with a pressure hose I would imagine. It wasn't the best wash ever and they didn't polish so there were water marks everywhere, but it saved me some effort.... I just drove home, give it a quick wash then polished it all up. Its GLEAMING on my front drive as I type! I have to say, it does feel a good deal more responsive after the oil change too.... my dad insists that they must have adjusted something cos changing the oil can't affect the responsiveness of a car... I dunno.

I forgot to take my service book with me, but took my tlc book.... so the service book wasn't stamped, d'oh. Good job I made him stamp my tlc booklet! (I only did it so he would have to lean over his desk to get his stamp so I could check his booty out mmm mm! :D )

·
Slave to my MINI
316 Posts
What is this service book everyone's talking about? I'm not sure if I have one or not...is it seperate from the owner's manual?

I take mine down for its first oil change Monday, I hope they can get me a loaner (I already requested one), I live 225 miles from my dealer, a but further than a simple courtesy ride back home...lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well what can i say apart from...... USELESS!!

Cooper Thames Ditton, Surrey... had reported a few minor worries when i booked it in for them to look at, only for them to do the oil service and then tell me that they cant do repairs on a saturday - they need to have the car for a full day to do this - what utter rubbish!

The car wasnt cleaned - still as dirty as when i took it in.

And to top it all, whilst test-drivin an 's', they basically gave the attitude that these cars still sell themselves, so nevermind the brand loyalty, i would still only get a mediocre trade-in value for my immaculate cooper, and have to pay top whack for an 's'....

Nevermind the free tea / coffee / tv - when i book my car in for a serivce (that we have paid for with TLC) i expect the faults to be fixed and the car cleaned!

·
Slave to my MINI
316 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear of your less-than-perfect service experience...

I was supposed to go for my first service this morning, but I woke up with a wicked headache, so I re-scheduled for this coming Saturday. My dealer has made repairs on Saturday, I have no idea why yours won't...the only thing I can assume is that they don't have as many technicians on Saturdays as they do during the week. That's not an excuse for shoddy customer servuce and no wash... :mad:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tell me about it!

But, the fact that they provided such a 'great' service was the deciding factor in whether or not to trade up for an 's' - wont be giving them my cash thanks very much.

·
Slave to my MINI
316 Posts
Well...had my first scheduled maintenance today...it took a bit longer than expected, but the service manager bent over backwards to make sure I was well taken care of. I had the oil changed and wiper blades replaced under the free maintenance agreement, had the tires rotated for $20, got the touch-up paint for $17, and had the HK amp replaced under warranty. Here's where the delay took place, seems the first one they put in was also defective, so they put in a second one (second for them, third one for my car...lol). Seeing as the MINI loaner was out for the weekend, the service manager gave me a 16,000-mile 330xi to use. I was expecting to get an old beater as a loaner, if anything, I certainly never expected a BMW...lol...

Hats off to Adam Hain and the staff at Patrick MINI! :D

·
Feel the G's
118 Posts
My dealer cleaned my car pretty well after my oil service, but they stupidly never replaced the oil filter correctly, so 20 miles later, the engine died thru lack of oil cos it had all escaped. It took them 4 days to get a new engine plumbed in and I was left cooperless until my baby came back, having to struggle by with a manky Mini One D.

Thanx Altwood Taplow, needless to say I didn't place my order for new Cooper S with them!

Scottybhoy :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
SweetCooper
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing