MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Chaps,

going to be spending NYE in London with a mate of mine...

Just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on where is a good place to stay.. we were thinking the Astor Hostel opposite hyde park?? .. good idea??

we are 21 and 22 so want to be close to the party scene:D

anyone out there got any website links that will tell me what sort of events are happening on NYE in London?

thanks fellas

·
MINI2 Overdose!
2,336 Posts
It will be quite dear at that time of year too! How long and when are you over? Will you be bringing your Minis? If so we could organise a Mini run for you!

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trainman said:
It will be quite dear at that time of year too! How long and when are you over? Will you be bringing your Minis? If so we could organise a Mini run for you!
well, we've both just finished Uni/college... so we are coming over on 6Dec for 3 nights till our Contiki tour starts :) then we are back in london on 30Dec - 3 Jan..

Prob wont have time for a run:(
just interested to hear some opinions of where in the city is good to stay and what places to go out and visit

cheers

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
If your after the party and drinking scene then stay around Acton (West London) That's where all the aussies, kiwis and south africans tend to hang out (10 people sharing a house and all that :D) There's some great bars round that way too. You've got the Redback Tavern in Acton, which is always a good night out and they always have live music. The Walkabout in Shepherds Bush, huge venue get's quite busy though.

I lived round that way most of my life so can point you in the right direction.

It depends on if you're after the typical Aussie :bad::bad::bad::bad: up, or want to see a bit of London...

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ButtonIt said:
If your after the party and drinking scene then stay around Acton (West London) That's where all the aussies, kiwis and south africans tend to hang out (10 people sharing a house and all that :D) There's some great bars round that way too. You've got the Redback Tavern in Acton, which is always a good night out and they always have live music. The Walkabout in Shepherds Bush, huge venue get's quite busy though.

I lived round that way most of my life so can point you in the right direction.

It depends on if you're after the typical Aussie :bad::bad::bad::bad: up, or want to see a bit of London...
haha this sounds great!:) thanks for all the tips! they all sound like very Aussie pubs... walkabout.. Redback... I was kinda thinking, it'd be cool to do what the locals do.. i've heard the ladies love the aussies... ;) please tell me that do! hahaha

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
:D The ladies used to love the aussies before we were invaded
;D:p

You can't go into a London pub now without finding an aussie working the bar :eek::D

I'll take you out for a beer session whe you're over ;)

I'm off to Sydney in January btw ;)

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha wiked!

im so keen to get over there now!

you should love sydney.. will be soooo much cheaper for you!
i will be in thailand in january.. come back on the 26th:( let me know where u r staying and ill tell u the good spots

1 - 7 of 7 Posts