MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all! I'm considering an F series Mini for my next car, and I would love some input of actual owners in narrowing down models.
For 2 door owners, do you ever wish you went with a four? I think a two door is fine for me, but it is smaller than many cars so I am a little hesitant.
For regular Cooper owners, do you ever wish you went with the S? S owners, do you ever feel like the extra cost isn't really worth it?
I know a lot of this is very individual, but owner's experiences and opinions can sometimes illuminate different points I would not have thought of.
I am pretty sure a two door, non S model fits for me, but I would like to avoid buyer's regret. I drive a 2006 Scion xB now, and I want a more comfortable and upgraded interior, and a car with more pep that is fun to drive. Even the non S model seems to fit that bill, but I would love to hear your thoughts.10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good morning, speaking as someone who can't wait to get rid of my 2019 Mini Cooper 5 door Auto my comments may have a strange relevance. First of all, superb engine, I think the "S" is a waste of money as the cooper is more than adequate and with loads of character if a tad a little on the thirsty side. 5 door more practical but I always regretted buying over the 3 door as the 5 just does not look "right". Car is extremely well built with top-notch materials. Equipment levels pretty good but extra packs are highway robbery and the none inclusion of Car Play at base level totally inexcusable. All in all the 3 door Cooper is a cracking vehicle and on paper, it should be my dream "hobby" car (replaced a motorcycle) but I have had it a year in June and just have not "gelled" with it, shame. Hope it works out better for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good morning, speaking as someone who can't wait to get rid of my 2019 Mini Cooper 5 door Auto my comments may have a strange relevance. First of all, superb engine, I think the "S" is a waste of money as the cooper is more than adequate and with loads of character if a tad a little on the thirsty side. 5 door more practical but I always regretted buying over the 3 door as the 5 just does not look "right". Car is extremely well built with top-notch materials. Equipment levels pretty good but extra packs are highway robbery and the none inclusion of Car Play at base level totally inexcusable. All in all the 3 door Cooper is a cracking vehicle and on paper, it should be my dream "hobby" car (replaced a motorcycle) but I have had it a year in June and just have not "gelled" with it, shame. Hope it works out better for you.
If you don't drive a s it's a waste of a car, it's considerably slower, but I guess it's up to how you use it, personally I enjoy going into a corner at 100mph

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I have a 3 door Cooper 1.5 and find it a great little car. I doubt if the performance will disappoint, it has a surprising amount of torque and the lighter front end makes the handling sweeter. I have never wanted for a bigger car after 4 years use but then I am single. Once in those 4 years I had a friend help out moving rubbish with a trailer, that's all. Got a small family then the 5 door will be better. Got a growing family? Then I'd recommend a Clubman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts