MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Flustered MINI Buyer
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heated Windshield and Chrono Pack...

Worth it or not?

I like the idea of not scraping the windshield, but I park indoors mostly. The only time I'm outside is at work.
Does the heated windshield even work that well? I'm getting the heated washer nozzles and mirrors already (standard)

Chrono Pack... I love the BIG speedo in the middle of the dash but I also LOVE to know if my oil pressure is going wonky. I'd feel bad killing the beautiful speedo but I really would like the extra guages. Any alternatives out there?

Opinions needed guys... I may be ordering tomorrow now that the dealership problems are taken care of.

Thanks

SMN

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had a 2005 cooper as a loaner.. it was equipped with the chrono pack. My car is a 2002 Launch and i have to say it was nice having the speedo on top of the steering wheel, the chrono pack was just nasty.

Didnt suit the car at all. I would save the cash.. instead go for the anthracite headliner, that was very sexy in the car.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
I think the chrono pack is poorly thought out and looks out of place and quite cheap. You could get aftermerket dials, for example the ones that www.promini.com do that sit either side of the rev counter. The digital speed is on the rev counter anyway, so that's not a problem.

Heated windshield, depends how much your car gets frosty. Mine lives on the street, and when it's icy, it's fantastic. Quick and easy. Love it.

:D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Heated windshield - I didn't know it was an option or I would have specified it on my MCSC that I just picked up.
I have had experience with Heated windshields on many cars - mainly rental cars in Europe - and I think it is one of the best inventions that car engineers have ever created!!!
It works FANTASTIC - INSTANTLY clearing heavy ICE off of the outside of the windshield. Once you experience it you will not want to be without it especially out in the plains of Canada...

Chrono pack - don't touch it with a bargepole - IMHO it looks absolute CRAP.
How about this http://shop2.minispeed.co.uk/new_mini/index.cgi?task=showproduct&id=amp-inr-200
which fits on the back of the Tach and provides space for two gauges?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went for the visibilty pack mainly for the heated screen which is great, but you get the added bonus of auto sensing wipers which I have found to be excellent. You just put the wipers on to intermittent at the start of your journey, and no matter how much it rains, you don't have to touch the wipers again - it does it all for you. It really saves on fiddling around with the wipers as you go past lorries, or through sudden patches of heavy rain.

·
Registered
295 Posts
jambo101 said:
Curious as to how fast those heated windows will clear a half inch of ice,which is fairly common hear in Montreal.
Jambo, My experience is that within 10-15 seconds the ice has been loosened off the glass and can be slid off using the wipers. It really is that quick.

·
Bugaboo Racer
1,559 Posts
Totally agree with all those in favour of heated windscreen - mmmmmm, no de-icer!

Also agree with those that dislike the chrono pack - I reckon it looks hideous. Plus, MINIs just MUST have a central speedo. Useless (that's what the trip computer is for) but utterly gorgeous.

Rain sensing wipers are excellent too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts