MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mini Cooper Performance n/Chip 20+HP Item number: 7932094072
Anyone seen this on Ebay.. 20+ hp wiht a Ohms sensor for 8 bucks?

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
This reminds me of an old addage.

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. :rolleyes:

I think that sums it up pretty well.

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
For $8, they can rip you off and it is not worth your time to pursue them in court!

I wouldn't, that guy probably has some ocean side property in Colorado he could sell you as well!

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
A resistor wired in series with the air temp portion of the 'T' Map sensor will tell the ecu
the inlet temp is cooler than is. This will in turn richen the mixture and advance the ignition timing too. It is only a very fine trim so the adjustments it makes are very small.
You can also put resistors on water temp sensors and even the pressure sensor portion of the T Map sensor ,the later can make big differences to the fueling. Do not even attempt unless you have an on board wide band A/F meter and sensor upstream of the cats.
Regards Roland GT Tuning

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks To All For The Honesty..

Sounded To Good, But I Am New To This Mini Stuff And Never Hurts To Ask!!

·
I'd rather be motoring
77 Posts
If I recall correctly, this was more of an advantage on much older cars. The newer cars these days, as pointed out above, don't benefit much from this. An old pickup from the '70s, however, could probably pickup 8 HP from it.

·
Still grinning
2 Posts
Roland2003 seems to suggest that this is a minor change.
I am tempted to try it, if only for a day to see the effects and then bin it. Seen them on EBay for £3.
If I was a Mini owner in Finland, or somewhere very cold, wouldn't the effects be the same?
Has anyone with a Cooper tried this add-on?

·
Vroom!
1,036 Posts
Don't try it, the car might run rich, and that won't give you more power because there is only so much air for the fuel that can burn.

I live up in Canada where it gets down to -40C, and trust me, the little added "bonus" performance when the air is nice and dense doesn't do too much.

Honestly, the BMW engineers knew what air/fuel mixture is best for the engine at a perticular temperature, messing with it by a little resistor just won't make your car go faster.

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
Smee MK said:
Roland2003 seems to suggest that this is a minor change.
I am tempted to try it, if only for a day to see the effects and then bin it. Seen them on EBay for £3.
If I was a Mini owner in Finland, or somewhere very cold, wouldn't the effects be the same?
Has anyone with a Cooper tried this add-on?
All you get from the ebay sellers is a resistor, can't remember the value, I think it was 4k7. Save some money and go to maplin if you want one, you will find they cost more like 1p

If you see how many thousand the ebay sellers have sold at £3 each when they cost 1p, you can see how much money they are making!

Thing is at £3 no-one is going to bother complaining

1 - 10 of 10 Posts