MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I got a r50 1st gen for my 1st car. Nothing really wrong with it. I got it from a friend. It’s really clean. I went to clean the rear screen the other day. The water comes out of the nozzle with good pressure but it hits the wiper cap and then just dribbles down the wiper. I have been
Looking to replace the cap or find out if there’s a part missing.

my mate has an 05 Mini Cooper s and he said that I had this missing but everywhere I look it looks different

here is a picture of what I have got
Any advice or pictures or what it’s meant

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 R53 Liquid Yellow and 2012 R58 Coupe Cosmos black
116 Posts
The missing part is not from your car it is from a post 2004 facelift model.
Clean all of the crap from around the rusty nozzle. The cap on the wiper swings over and clips on to that. The plastic part has a hole in it that acts as the washer jet. If it's not working try clearing the hole with a needle in the part that looks a bit like a ball. If that doesn't work replace the whole wiper arm, they're cheap enough.

Gerry

·
Registered
332 Posts
Rear wiper was changed in 2004 from a Trico to Valeo manufactured parts. The old Trico was so bad and known for not working and leaking into the boot. The new Valeo work perfectly.

You can buy a kit to upgrade. You get the following parts:

New motor
New wiper arm and blade
Cable adaptor
Replacement screen grommet

Mine cost £100 brand new. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can buy a kit to upgrade. You get the following parts:

New motor
New wiper arm and blade
Cable adaptor
Replacement screen grommet

Mine cost £100 brand new. Well worth the money.
Sorry for the thread resurrect but where can you get one of these upgrade kits? Friend's R50 has stopped squirting and the nozzle isn't an individually replaceable part...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts