MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says, the run flat indicator in my 2002 Mini Cooper is always on. According to the manual, this means that there is a fault with the system. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

·
Registered
571 Posts
if it's only the rft light, the switch contact might just be dirty preventing reset, had this before, collects crap around the button over years I guess, many presses later etc it reset.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if it's only the rft light, the switch contact might just be dirty preventing reset, had this before, collects crap around the button over years I guess, many presses later etc it reset.
After some closer inspection, I have noticed that the DSC light is also on. Wonder what that means

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Most likely an ABS issue as both run from it. Could be a speed sensor on any wheel, but proper diagnosis is required.

·
Registered
242 Posts
DSC and TPS together can also be steering column position sensor. Try resetting the code using a BMW diagnostic tool. I use a Creator C310+ on mine (available on Amazon for 50 pounds).

If it temporarily goes out of range then the code is thrown but can be cleared. Do that and see if it returns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts