MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, wondering if I could get some advice of what to do next. My minis psp has died, I replaced it with a second hand one which lasted all of 3 days. Now I need to replace it again but have been reading and realised it’s a massive problem with minis and mine is definitely not the first.
I read somewhere that a man had a 2002 mini and he went to a dealership and they represented him to mini uk and managed to get his part and labour for free? Is this possible?
I’m 18 in my first year of driving I just wanted an easy car, to fix new it is going to cost half the price of the car and I don’t know if it’s worth it:( I do love my mini though...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Mini
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Mini

· Registered
189 Posts
It's a 17 year old car. You can't expect BMW to pick up the bill for a car they sold (presumably with a 3 year warranty) nearly 2 decades ago. It's just part of the package of running an older vehicle. It isn't a difficult component to replace though, a good candidate for learning to work on cars yourself if you're willing.

Personally I would buy another from a breakers. Most breakers give you 30 days to return the part if it's faulty. Where did you get your 2nd hand pump?

· Registered
13,595 Posts
above is by far the best option for you, life time warranty they say, trouble is any pump from a breaker is Russian roulette as most of the non recon pumps are factory spec and rubbish. bite the bullet fit recon do it once rather than another secondhand pump that will fail at some point, bmw wont help you people with fairly new cars had a battle,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.