MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a quick question. I have recently bought a 2002-2003 mini cooper s with factory navigation. I have been looking around for the answer to my question all yesterday on here but can not find the answer, I popped over to the x5world to have a look, but I can not see the answer.

Bascially i want to update the sat nav in the car, I understand that it is going to be CD based and this is the problem as I can only seem to find the DVD version. When was the last update for the CD version as well.

Thanks in advnace,

Rich :happy8se:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone help me at all, I just want an update for the CD version presume MK3 of the navigation.

:D

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Go to you nav and select the setup menu. In the upper right hand corner there are some numbers. Post those and I will tell you what firmware you are running. All of the firmware is CD based but the MK3 was last updated a few years ago. It is likely that you have the latest firmware.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats great, I will have a look tonight when I get home.

I think I did try to look for this last night but could not find the numbers you are refering to.:puzzled:

·
Registered
12 Posts
sat nav

Hello bealehere,i had the same problem as you i could'nt find the correct update for my nav,i managed to get the correct updates. i only ordered the disc yesterday so still waiting for them to be deleverd,as soon as i get them i will let you know how i got on.

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Ordered? Why are you paying for somehting that is free? You can get the lastest update for MK3 and MK4 from Simply MINI

It is located on the left side. All you would have to do is burn to a CD and pop it in.

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Does the free one include speed camera locations and 7 digit postcode search?
What you are talking about is a pirated and hacked map disk and not the firmware. Pirated software is not allowed nor is it the latest update for the OS on the nav. I will remove the link to the site.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Go to you nav and select the setup menu. In the upper right hand corner there are some numbers. Post those and I will tell you what firmware you are running. All of the firmware is CD based but the MK3 was last updated a few years ago. It is likely that you have the latest firmware.
Hi DaFlake,

I have had a look and it says SW 3-1/63. I have searched for this on here but nothing comes up. That update on SimplyMini is firmware and as far as I understand will not work on the CD based navigation that I assume I have seeing as my car is an 2002/2003 car.

Where is the cheapest place to get both road and firmware update, and can I have speed camera locations and postcode search?

Thanks in advance :nice:

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
1/63 was released with V22 and is the last update for the MK3... The firmware that is on my site is good for the MK1, 2, 3, 4 as well as a few others. It is CD based not DVD based (all the firmware is). So, you are up to date and there is nothing that you need to do.

Only place to buy CD's are at Navteq or BMW (legally). As for postcode and traffic cameras I am afraid you are out of luck as there is not enough room on the CD based systems (MK3). You will need an MK4 to do this. The good news is that it is a straight swap.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank's for that, Where is the best place to get a MK4 system from? Do they ever come up second hand, I presume I would need the DVD drive for under the seat as well? Are all the connectors the same then? i.e. just whip the old one out and slot in the new one with original wireing and conectors!

Thanks, Rich

1 - 14 of 14 Posts