MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VW is not going to let BMW have an easy time of it in the states. Read this, then decide. The only thing is Beatles are not attractive to men, including me!

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=4509&sid=180&n=157

BMW the MINI must be fault free before it is released in the US!

I am prepared to wait and see. Being #3 on the list for an S can be a curse....

·
Registered
261 Posts
The Beetle, I feel, is not going to be a specific threat to the Cooper or Cooper S. I agree, although my best friend drives a Vortex Blue one, (you know who you are)Most men are not interested in a New Beetle. The MINI has a cool factor that VW missed. Too bad, I used to be a devought VW fan. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
577 Posts
I loved my old '67 Beetle. Handled awful, rode like a lumber wagon, but it would go almost anywhere, got good mileage and never failed me. The New Beetle is just a rebodied Golf. It costs the same as the MINI, doesn't handle as well, and IMHO is not as practical because the shape of the body limits what you can carry in it. But it does seem to be reliable and build quality seems solid. It looks too much like a girlie/poofter car to suit me, what with the flower vase and all. The US versions are built in Mexico. I fear the poor reliability of the MINI is going to kill it here.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Have faith. The MINI has got a lot going on for it. I don't think that the vehicles in the US, right now, have any idea what a pounding they are going to take when the MINI arrives. Beetle, Schmeetle, Bring it on! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I think the new Beetle is more of a 'Hair dresser's' car or aimed at teen high school girls. I did like it at first but now I dont, give me a MINI anyday :) :) :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Here, here! :D

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
The new VW Beetle ........ don't even GO there??!! :eek:

Somebody will be saying that the Honda Civic type R looks good next !!!! :rolleyes:

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
You got that "hairdresser's car" dead right! The first, and I mean first guy around here to get the new Beetle was a 400 pound hairstylist screaming poofda. So funny watching him try to get in and out of it. Especially when he's in drag wearing a moo-moo and heels!:p
Remember Divine? He's a reincarnation of him.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Beetle Turbo, pffffft! Another Soul-less vehicle. Don't get me started!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Rick said:
if the Honda R looks nice then so does Pat Butcher
Ohh Pat, look what they've done to me Pat :D :D :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
wouldn`t say that . . .

R1 said:
. . . . Somebody will be saying that the Honda Civic type R looks good next !!!!
I wouldn`t say that R1, I just reckon it looks fantastic.

The MINI harks back to the 60`s (understandably of course) whereas the modern hot-hatch doesn`t look back.

All the new hatches apart from the MINI, which is essentially a coupe without the slope, major on efficient packaging, excellent driveability and safety - however, most Manufacturers can`t afford to sell an unreliable car to an unsuspecting public !

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Ohh forgot, its even a Barbie car :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Almost as useless as a Civic Type R!!!!!:D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Electric boot release is cool........don't think oz gets 180bhp version......can't see the top of the bonnet from the drivers seat.......have yourself a picnic on the dashboard.......finish to interior plastic is an issue with the beetle....plastic peels off. Unusually for a VW product.

Give me a Golf AWD anyday.

Think I might cancel my S and go and buy an Audi TT quattro*.....now that had a SERIOUS pull to the left did it not.....

*just kidding........maybe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts