Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have a 2003 Mini Cooper which I bought new - My question is:
Is it OK to use the new E10 fuel?

Many thanks

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S 2011 (R56 N18). Mini One 2012 (R56 N16).
97 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
From the government compatability checker: E10 is cleared for use in all MINI models with petrol engine after the re-launch of the MINI brand in the year 2000.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S 2011 (R56 N18). Mini One 2012 (R56 N16).
97 Posts
that is a no one knows until try it , but going by past dealings with low octane fuels and cooper s engines most likely will lose performance and worst case will be knock from octane being lower, as said before have seen many times seen these cars with fault codes related to just using super market low octane fuel, should not effect fuel lines or anything like that , but will have some effect on any engines that run lean like these do, try and see
Its up to you. Im not risking it.

·
Registered
10,029 Posts
Its up to you. Im not risking it.
i've not owned a petrol for a while rather have diesels, got a 170bhp mapped kuga at mo cant beat all that mid range pull and 60mpg on a run at 55mph, thinking of going old school vw t4 2004 year with a volvo engine conversion from the xc90 and hybrid turbo it ,, when the right project turns up at right money,, then at least can run it on chip shop used cooking oil , done that for years back in 1990s on bmw 325tds and t4 i had back then ,, even made a big cooking vat and had stirring motor on it all 12volt and propane for the heat and a filter system ,, back then chip shops would give it away the oil as cost them to get rid of it, these days they want £5 for 25 litres drums some of them hence why stopped doing it, also government decided to bring is new rules where can only produce so much before owing them something for nothing, find away to tax you on anything and everything then keep looking for more ,

Reactions: Colonel Bogey
1 - 7 of 7 Posts