MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have heard about squeeky dashboards and and airbag lights in earlier models so i decided to wait and specifically order a jan 2004 build mcs. I have heard about a 3 piece dash to fix squeeling in dash and a longer wiring loom under seat to stop airbag light coming on.

As much as i love the car i am sorry to say that the airbag light still does come on and the dash sqeeks from underneath the centre speedo. the plastic dash is rubbing with the 2 silver coloured plastic ribs on either side of the stereo. (where they meet)

I know there have been discussed before but just wanted to update for 2004 build cars.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I'm not sure I follow your post. Are you saying that your '04 MCS still has squeaks and a buzzing dash? If it does, take it to your dealership to get sorted - no sense in driving around like that.

For the record, my '04 MCS is squeak free. Considerably more solid feeling than my '03 was. I have yet to have the need to take it to the dealership - it's been problem free as well. *VERY* pleased to say the least.

·
Registered
425 Posts
My Jan '04 MCS seems to be fine after 1,500 miles. On a couple of occasions I have heard a sound like a bottle of pills being shaken from inside the drivers side door (maybe from the HK speaker install?). Occasionally when I roll down the window, and then roll it up again there is a strange streak running down the glass (and my friend has taken his 53 Cooper to the dealership to get that fixed twice now, but are still not sure of the cause...). Also, on a cold/damp day when I pull away in first gear the car makes a strange groaning sound, but it soon goes once the car is warm (someone else here had that problem so the dealer replaced their clutch, but that didnt work). I suppose the only other thing is the tapping sound from the engine, but Im not sure if thats supposed to be there or not...

All the best,

Adam

·
Registered
947 Posts
My 9/2003 build '04 MCS currently has 5,900 miles and it is solid and tight as a drum!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got a Feb '04 build with a major sunroof rattle/squeak going on. It seems to be coming from the back right corner near the sun blind. I also had an issue with the tire pressure and DSC sensors. Both lights come on after I pressure washed the wheels. I just reset it and no problems yet.

Still below the break-in at 750 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts