MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an 8,000 mile Jan 04 Cooper S on saturday morning. It has chilli and hence 17" S Spokes. What tyre pressures should I run it at? The book says 33psi but this seems very firm and crashy for the poorly surfaced streets of Edinburgh where I live.

Also is reverse an effort to engage on these getrag boxes?

Drove the car for 400 miles home on saturday in al types of conditions and it was sweet as a nut cruising at 80 on motorway. Every so often we boarded it just to hear the supercharger whine!

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
The runflats are hard tyres, especiall on the 17" wheels, so if you put them at the miniumum recomended setting, you'll still probably find them rough on rough roads. Not sure if anyone has gone lower (on purpose) but I never did.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Paul previuosly had cooper with 16s and it was hard - just feels that it it may be damaging wheels or suspension as it is so crashy.

Any personal experience of Cooper S gearbox?

·
Registered
425 Posts
If you're running with runflats then theres not to much you can do about the ride. I fill them up to 32 psi and it seems about right for me... Horses for courses!

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
brycem said:
yes certainly not crunching just very solid feeling
I wondered about that when I picked up my S too - gets better over time :) But is always nice and firm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts