MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive a 2004 Mini Cooper that i've got for the wife and I to use for the summer, the roof goes to the sunroof position no problem, the next action is the windows will part lower, then the locks will disengage form the windscreen, the hood will move slightly then stops. the hydraulic pump. in the boot is running but does no more than that, if I manually lower the roof then try to close from the fully open position the pump is running but still no hood movement....I am leaning towards a faulty hydraulic pump, as, if I am right in thinking the pump wouldn't be active unless all the sensors says its ok to do so, am I right?
I do get a flashing red after the sunroof stage...Parcel shelf is down i've put some little felt pads on the switches and my scan tool says they are closed (and open when the latch is released and shelf lifted) Im lost
Is there a hood Dr who can point me in the right direction, many thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did!
It was the impeller in the pump, I found a second hand unit, fitted it, now all good, they sell impellers on eBay but second hand pumps are £40 and it’s just a straight swop, you will need a syringe to refill the hydraulic oil...hope that helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts