MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy the above, it is concurs and 2 owner, all papers and history complete. Pepper white, fully loaded, 24k £ when new
seller wants 12K£, Is that reasonble, views welcomed as i am completing the sale of my previosu car this week and will be in a position to complete on this one!
Many thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
Think very carefully why you want that car and what you will do with it when you have bought it. You will have a choice::
  • Drive it and the value will plummet.
  • Leave it in the garage and that's a lot of money doing nothing.
Much as I like a Mini R53 (JCW or not) I do not see that car as being worth more than £6k. The price asked is, to me, the seller's fantasy. A dream that I wouldn't be funding.

I don't doubt that it may be a nice car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your comments, I negotiated the price down :)
To be honest, i am 60 next birthday and have had good few cars in my time, some of which have gone up, others down.... I drove a work mates 54 S today and really enojyed it not having driven a R53 since 2004... so responsive!

·
blowthedoorsoff
12 Posts
its very strong money and I would expect it to be top spec with all the bmw options and jcw provenance to break above 10k, I would expect for that money it has the full aero kit inc grills and spoiler, the 18" option wheels as well as either the works sparco or recaro seats and carbon parts like dash,gearknob handbrake and the larger 294mm brakes if its missing any of those really 10k is OTT as low miles does not mean in good mechanical condition, put up a few pictures of it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mini.zip

Does this work, if not i can copy the pictures. bi-annual services with oil at each, plugs, etc. Full dealer history maintained. Pictures if you can see them show retail price of just hy 25K so well specced.

·
Registered
568 Posts
mine was priced similar new, as were many others with a few bits, plenty were a fair amount more,

it wouldn't be worth 12k imho

if it were a car with all the JCW options and a JCW210 perhaps, so with Chrono kit, Visibility, storage, Recaros, Carbon dash and exterior or interior bits with all main dealer history as and when required or something (but it won't have) and all 100% original BMW parts etc, and original paint, then it would be worth a premium, all in the eye of the beholder etc, currently you're facing paying over GP money for something that will take another 20 years to become an investment assuming you also don't use it, so it'll be a slow and small return, remembering these are not a low production vehicle and carry mileage quite well so, so what you see or the seller sees in it, many others won't I'm sure. You can find a nice car for 4-6k and make it quite quick for a couple more, discreetly tuned, looking totally standard, and it could possibly look just as smart cosmetically, with you just as if not more pleased with it.

unless you're going to show it as concourse in Mini events otherwise, I'd suggest keeping your money, that's if it really is concourse, rather unlikely in truth, 20k and 'clean' maybe, but as clean underneath as everywhere else? I doubt it.

Reactions: mike1967

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
rare low miles cars only stay that way until they are used then value drops off a 80k one can be bought for under £1500 10k per year use will soon get it well used and value to drop by a lot,, anything collectable do to age and miles is only that while its low miles and like new etc, i got a 93 supra i have been sat on for over 10 years now it lives in a sealed bag come out once a year for redo with d40 and mot etc its value stays because i dont use it, the way its going its better than a savings account for interest

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Go to folder

Hi all, link to folder. re use, regular short trips, occasional track days etc.. clealry I dont want to overpay, hence ths thread but reliability and condition important . I have a couple of videos, outside, engine.
Will be interested in feedback

Thanks

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
If it was a car I would have to buy and own for a very long time, and the car was in immaculate condition in/outside I would probably pay 6-8k in showroom condition.

The car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for your helpful feedback all. As you can see, I'm keen to buy a solid, low miles JCW at a reasonable price, if anyone knows of anything going please do let me know
07807 787854

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
if its not key items like aero kit or uprated seats for me its walk away time as those parts alone are around £2000
thats very true mate of mine was breaking them and told me the jcw parts are loads of money and sell fast,

Reactions: blowthedoorsoff

·
blowthedoorsoff
12 Posts
thanks for your helpful feedback all. As you can see, I'm keen to buy a solid, low miles JCW at a reasonable price, if anyone knows of anything going please do let me know
I would not get hung up on mileage especially with these cars as ones sitting around deteriate and often need major expensive overhauls, just look for ones with all the factory options and well cared for with paperwork provenance is my advice

1 - 15 of 15 Posts