MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question for all those out there who have received their new 2005 MINI Cooper S..... Does the power feel better then the old MINI Cooper S? and how?

thanks!

·
I will crush you
555 Posts
I'll let you know in a few weeks but I've heard from a few that it at least "feels" faster than the 02-04' models. I haven't seen any comparo 0-60 or 1/4 mile times though

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
I would tell you next week, but I'll have 1250 long break in miles to do before I go finding out.

·
GEEEEEEEEK
9,069 Posts
had my 05 MCS for two weeks now and its already run in

it feels a lot quicker than the 04 Mcs that we test drove cant comment too much as i upgraded from a MC

but by heck it aint arf fast

dont need the works kit yet

:D :D :D :D

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
ahh good to hear that, i was gonna bed it in in march, delivery date 11th, and in april get the bbr/hartge kit lol!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Please stop it, you are all making the wait worse!!!! :(

I can't imagine the power now, it is going to be sooo nice to know, that if i need to stick my foot down, that the car is going to respond!!!

How does the gearbox feel by the way??

And also how much are you spending on petrol a week, and what sort of milage are you doing fevs??

·
GEEEEEEEEK
9,069 Posts
Shockwave_Factory said:
Please stop it, you are all making the wait worse!!!! :(

I can't imagine the power now, it is going to be sooo nice to know, that if i need to stick my foot down, that the car is going to respond!!!

How does the gearbox feel by the way??

And also how much are you spending on petrol a week, and what sort of milage are you doing fevs??
the gear box is really smooth but nice and tight also

i do a lot of miles to work and back on a daily basis at the moment i am using a full tank a week for that alone with a refill of about 42 litres and am getting around 280 miles from this

bearing in mind that on the way to work at 16:30 i have to contend with rush hour traffic through the middle of town befor i get to the bypass to the next major town that i work at
when i get on the bypass not a lot holds me up so i cruise at about 85 mph

now when its home time at 05:00 well the roads are clear and are any mans race track

i dont drive the car too hard but i dont molly coddle it

i have found with the S that no matter what gear you are in it will pull reasonably hard even when approaching a roundabout in sixth gear at 20mph it will pull out of it no problem

with the weather of late a lot of the driving has been done with the aircon on or the sunroof open

fevs

:D :D :D

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
I get 280miles from my 35 litre tank on my current car (Zetec S). Only bad thing im not looking forward \to on my upgrade to the MCS!!!! :p

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
BROTHEJ2 said:
This is a question for all those out there who have received their new 2005 MINI Cooper S..... Does the power feel better then the old MINI Cooper S? and how?

thanks!
Can't say it felt any different but then again I'm used to the Works. To be honest I don't think you'll notice the difference.

·
Registered
31 Posts
One point on the acceleration, I was accelerating from stationary, at a slip road from Mway to a DCtrunk with a 70 limit and........ bogged down in second, I'll have to keep an eye on this, im still running in and getting 32mpg ave. I hope I was a little confused and did a 1-4 shift, otherwise probs!

·
MINININININININI!
225 Posts
All I can say (as I have 79 days to wait) is I can expect it to be a whole lot quicker than my clio or my girlfriends smart car!!!!

Bring it on

I have planned a week of work for it's arrival so I can run her in gently!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
jammythart
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing