MINI Cooper Forum banner

2005 Cooper Totally Dead

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Darren19-65 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Hopefully someone has experienced the same and can point me in the right direction. On my UK 2005 Cooper I had to change the clutch, a pig of a job but it went well. Before dropping it back onto the wheels for a test drive I thought I'd make sure the clutch was working.

I turned the key to check the dash lights they all came up but when I tried to start it, nothing, not a click from the starter solenoid nothing.

I switched off and made sure the starter cables hadn't been disturbed...... now is where it get's weird. I put in the key and nothing, no dash lights, only the interior light and the hazzards worked.

I checked all the fuses on the inside passenger footwell and under bonnet. This is what I found:

No power to
Under Bonnet:
F2
F3
F4
F5

Passenger Footwell:
F5
F6
F7
F8
F9
F10
F11
F12
F13
F18
F29
F30
F33
F34
F35
F36
F39
F40
F41

All appear to receive power from the Electronic Immobiliser Control Unit.

Is anyone able to tell me what pin the unit receives it's power from, I am hoping it is the unit not receiving power rather than it being fried. My only other thought is that maybe the ignition switch is faulty but I removed it and checked that by turning the key the points opened and closed correctly.

Cheers,
Darren

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Nigel,
Thanks for replying. I retraced my steps last night, cleaned all earths and undone and reconnected all electric plugs I'd undone. Checked the pins of each one for corrosion.
Still the same.
I'm going to take the drivers side footwell panel of today and check to see if there is any water in or around the BC1 unit in case it is just a bad coincidence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.