MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 MCS BRG/W on order. I have reviewed several Mini websites and it appears this color may not be a good choice for resale value. Is this true or just an opinion ?

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
It all depends on "resale". Dealers or people in the trade may try and knock certain colour cars down as they're not the most popular and therefore may be harder for them to move on, however it's all a case of finding the right buyer (if you plan to sell privately).

You wanted the colour, so there's bound to be others out there who want it, it's not like BRG is unpopular, it's just not a top seller.

Besides, I always believe in buying your car for you, not the next owner.

:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wouldn't be overly concerned. BRG is my second favorite color - the color is awesome! There are many others out there who feel the same way I do.

Here's the way I look at it:
If I'm looking to buy a MINI, and only want BRG, it's going to be much harder for me to find. For the seller, this is obviously an advantage. It may not be the most popular color, but I think you'll find that it attracts a MINI buyer that won't have many other choices (which is good for you). Your car is more unique...more desirable...and harder to find.

You're fine - just enjoy that beautiful color!!!!

Gary

·
Cruising In The Minge
773 Posts
i have a 2003 BRG/W JCW, no other colour would have done it for me and alot of people I talk to say in their opinions BRG is the only colour to have a MINI in..dont be overly concerned about what dealers tell you, I have seen used MINI's for sale in some car yards more expensive than a brand new one, when I questioned the salesman about it he said people will pay tthe extra just so they can drive out the yard with the car NOW.

·
Another Happy Owner
204 Posts
Hey there~!
i Just picked up my 05 MCS and do you want to guess what color?
heres a hint... ~> :green:

anyway BRG is really hot. it turns heads and get comments about the color all the time. Not to worry, if you like it, just do it! besides... do you really think you're going to sell your mini so quickly?

For a while, i was trying to go the cheaper route and buy my mini used... i scoured craigslist and ebay daily and didnt really find anything that came close to what i wanted. especially because i wanted an S, with the nice options, i really had to have the navi... for no other reason than the fact that i thought it was cool, ummm with the white top, etc etc etc.

And as you'll find in other threads, used cars do drop in value, but oh well. Its the same for any car... and yes even them Saturns. (ick!).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Actually, I'd think the BRG would be a strong color for resale, it's closest to black (the strongest resale color regardless of anything else) of any of the other MINI colors and it's very traditional and nostalgic. Sure it may not be TRUE british racing green since it's metallic, but as long as MINI says it's BRG then that's all that matters. I don't plan on selling my car any time soon, and with these cars having the strongest resale value of any new car sold in North America today (according to Business Week magazine) I'm not too worried about what color/options would make it less desirable on the 2nd hand market.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I ordered an 05 S back at the beginning of September (should be coming in soon, it's already in the country) and I knew the color I wanted before I knew the options I wanted. Back in 2001 when they first introduced them again I was going through the site picking out what I would want I always knew one thing for certain, I wanted it in BRG. Didn't decide until I was at the dealer actually ordering it on what color I wanted the roof. Ended up picking black because after seeing some that were BRG/W I didn't like it nearly as much as the BRG/B look.
I was discussing my car earlier with someone else and they kept saying that they'd never buy a new car because of the inherent price drop when you take delivery of it. But as I told him, I'm buying the car for me. I don't care about the resale value all that much because I'm planning on keeping it for a long time. So keep that in mind, buy it because you like it, not because it might get more money when/if you sell it.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Bing said:
I have a 2005 MCS BRG/W on order. I have reviewed several Mini websites and it appears this color may not be a good choice for resale value. Is this true or just an opinion ?
According to Automobile Magazine's 100 Coolest Cars (MCS is #85 BTW) they'd like theirs "...in British racing green with white stripes." Sounds like you ordered right to me :cool:

·
Another Happy Owner
204 Posts
SHWEET~!
#85 baby~!! hahaha.

My heart was sent on the BRG/W the day i heard about the new mini's.
prior to that i was looking for the classic minis with that color scheme.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts