MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Just ordered my Liquid Yellow '05 MCS from the Mini Center, San Antonio (Alex is the salesman). I guess it will arrive in Nov ’04. Mini North Scottsdale Arizona now has a 12-month waiting list to purchase an MCS. So, I went to TX!
Question for anyone who can answer it! Besides the taillight change (backup lights moved), the new headlights, the bump up in horsepower, and the slight gearing change, what else is changing? I thought I read somewhere that there were close to 25-26 changes. I have not been able to locate any info on specific changes nor any (if any) performance increase.

Thanks in advance!

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
As for 25-26, eesh! What you've listed are all the major things. Some others include, only having the 3-spoke steering wheel (which I've grown to like), some interior things (clock has been moved), and a new exterior (the front and back bumpers have been what some around here call the "facelift" model). That's about it for the major changes.

·
SCCA ClubRallyists
214 Posts
Welcome to MINI2!!! Congrats on the order. Some of the changes that haven't been mentioned are:

- "Puddle Lights" were added (underside of door...they shine on the ground to "illuminate puddles")
- LED's in the interior door pull
- New map-light setup
- Storage bin under the radio/climate control console
- New MP3 compatible radio
- Some new colors added to the line-up (and some deleted)

If you go to MINI.com you can see all of the updates. The was also a PDF file being passed around here that had all the changes.

-Dave & Stacy

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Options... I kept it simple with the Premium and Sport packages. Cloth seats with anthracite dash, floor mats, and the HK system. I am currently residing in North Phoenix! I am trying to get a price for those R91 Bullet 5-Star wheels! Being that they are on the Convertible and no one has a price list as of yet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
CooperSAZ
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing