MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! Good news! Talked to my dealer on Monday (Dec. 13th), and he said that the OEM Sirius kits were in and ready to go!!! So, anyone waiting on this should promptly badger their local dealer!!! Good Tunes and Happy Motoring!!! :cool: ;)

EDIT: Follow the thread down... :bad:

·
MINI2 Regular
20 Posts
antenna available?

Looking in the MINI Motoring Accessories 2005 catalog there are several components,
Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver 84 11 0 150 535 $275.00 (all models but not convertible) AVAILABLE
Sirius Satellite Radio Antenna 84 11 0 150 524 $75.00 (2004 & earlier) (did not check)
Sirius Satellite Radio Antenna 84 11 0 393 780 $90.00 (2005 & later) BACKORDER
Sirius Satellite Radio Install Kit 84 11 0 150 534 $45.00 (all models but not convertible) AVAILABLE

presumably you need receiver, antenna and install kit to do this but as of this afternoon the dealer computer is showing the antenna as not available.

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mr_uu said:
Looking in the MINI Motoring Accessories 2005 catalog there are several components,
Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver 84 11 0 150 535 $275.00 (all models but not convertible) AVAILABLE
Sirius Satellite Radio Antenna 84 11 0 150 524 $75.00 (2004 & earlier) (did not check)
Sirius Satellite Radio Antenna 84 11 0 393 780 $90.00 (2005 & later) BACKORDER
Sirius Satellite Radio Install Kit 84 11 0 150 534 $45.00 (all models but not convertible) AVAILABLE

presumably you need receiver, antenna and install kit to do this but as of this afternoon the dealer computer is showing the antenna as not available.
Yeah, that's what others are saying on another thread with this info. When I picked up my MINI (late-Nov.), it was still on back-order. But now, at least for my dealer, it is in-stock. Getting it fitted next week. Perhaps BMW has a few and is only releasing it to people who originially order it on their car, then to the retrofitters?!?! Perhaps it is in low stock now and BMW is waiting for more quantity before releasing the backorder status? :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same old run around from North Scottsdale Mini...They say there is a national backorder of over 200 and there isn't any in the U.S. If they would just give a time estimate I would be happy.....signed waitng since late October....

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jnhovey said:
Same old run around from North Scottsdale Mini...They say there is a national backorder of over 200 and there isn't any in the U.S. If they would just give a time estimate I would be happy.....signed waitng since late October....
Yeah, I posted in another similar thread how this all was one big horrible, horrible mistake. Dealer got mixed up and perhaps mistook the 04 unit for the 05, etc. But I got called in, dropped off the car, only to be called to come back in and pick it up because they didn't have the antenna. DOH! I hope it comes in soon, otherwise, I might just ask for a refund.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.