MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 2005 MCS on Friday (July 30th) and have been driving around pretty much non stop, absolutely loving my new Mini. (and not posting much on here as a result!)

I noticed something about the new tail lights- the turn indicators do not flash yellow as on previous model years. They only light up red. Can anyone else with a 2005 (US spec, i guess) confirm this?

·
Slave to my MINI
316 Posts
Wow, now that I look at the pics of the new taillights, I guess they are completely red (except for the reverse light, of course). I have an '04 so I can't answer for sure...although that would suck if there is no amber signal.

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
Wow thats totally lame. I can't stand red turn signals. I'll be able to confirm when I pick it up tomorrow at 5pm. :)

·
Prospective Motorist
32 Posts
This simply reinforces my position that the new taillights are a poor design choice and will be the first thing to be yanked off my (yet to be ordered) 2005 mini.

Isn't it fun to have to undo the mistakes of designers? ;)

(the reverse light will be going back where it belongs as well, in the center)

·
553 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
lukebuzzy said:

I hate when they do this!! I was so happy with MINI not being like other car companies and "crapifying" their US versions. I even ripped out the all-red tail lights in my focus and put in the must nicer euro spec tails sent direct from germany. Red turn signals suck. And the mini's yellow ones are so nice and bright and noticable! What were they thinking?? Yet another reason why I rushed to get an 04 instead of an 05.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
OH WOW!! NO way... why did they do that? Red Blinkers suck! I hate seeing those on the road. Now I seriously dont like the new 05 design of the lights. I already preferred the pre 05 tail lights now I'm sure of it. I love the reverse light being in the middle... so much more special.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm bewildered why I didn't notice before. I thought I saw a faint tint of yellow in the new ones. Must have been the Euro spec.

Red turn signals are annoying to follow. Even worse if the brake lights double as turn signals because it's difficult to tell if someone is braking, resting their foot on the brake pedal or turning.

Disappointed I'll be contributing to the confusion or annoyance of others.

·
Prospective Motorist
32 Posts
If enough people demand their dealer replace their 2005 taillights then perhaps they'll get the message. :rolleyes:

·
553 Posts
I'd rather swap them with some imported from the uk or canada.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
21 Participants
danbanger
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing