MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried searching but can't find anything.

Does the 2005 (US) model year MCS come with a comprehensive owners manual for the (HK) stereo system ?

We only have a pathetic concertina-like 3 page pullout manual with part number 01 41 0158 364 ue.

Normally the stereo manual is thicker than the car manual :p

If you have a proper instruction manual manual (2005 HK system) would you mind posting the part number for the manual and I'll ask my MA to mail me one (I know it's downloadable from the Mini Owner's lounge, but I would like the original version....if it exists?).

Thanks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nope

gr8britwjh said:
I've tried searching but can't find anything.

Does the 2005 (US) model year MCS come with a comprehensive owners manual for the (HK) stereo system ?

We only have a pathetic concertina-like 3 page pullout manual with part number 01 41 0158 364 ue.

Normally the stereo manual is thicker than the car manual :p

If you have a proper instruction manual manual (2005 HK system) would you mind posting the part number for the manual and I'll ask my MA to mail me one (I know it's downloadable from the Mini Owner's lounge, but I would like the original version....if it exists?).

Thanks.

The only thing I got with my 2005 MCSC was the 3 page pullout. I never got an owners manual. The download on the OL is the regular manual, not the HK.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys........I found a previous posting here for someone with a 2003 or 2004 MCS and he had a proper 35-page manual for the stereo. The part number for this was 01 41 0156 490 ue. It was this posting that made me supsect I was missing something. Maybe they just simplified things for the '05s.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, unless I've misconstrued the e-mail from my MA, then a comprehensive instruction manual for the radio-CD does exist..........I should be receiving one in the mail in a few days. If/when it materializes I'll post a part number.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...without my comprehensive owner's manual I can only hazard a guess (being facetious here :D ). I think it is a HK-only feature.....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My "Radio Boost CD Owner's Manual" arrived today.

It is indeed a 35 page booklet with part # 01 410 0156 490 ue

It was published in 2001, so I guess not a lot's changed :D

·
Proud new owner
31 Posts
Speed adjustment?

I just took delivery of my '05 MCSC last night. I have the HK sound system, and while looking thru the small radio boost manual, I still can't figure out how to adjust the volume for speed dependence. Any help? I can get the "tone lin" display after pressing the music note button, but once I start scrolling thru I only see the Navigation and Reset options, no speed vol. Anyone else having this problem? I was really looking forward to this feature, but it seems that my stereo doesn't have the option. Any advice/help would be much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
gatorette said:
I just took delivery of my '05 MCSC last night. I have the HK sound system, and while looking thru the small radio boost manual, I still can't figure out how to adjust the volume for speed dependence. Any help? I can get the "tone lin" display after pressing the music note button, but once I start scrolling thru I only see the Navigation and Reset options, no speed vol. Anyone else having this problem? I was really looking forward to this feature, but it seems that my stereo doesn't have the option. Any advice/help would be much appreciated!!!
I haven't figured this out but i have noticed that it does auto-magically adjust the volume. When I've been driving with the H/K system really cranking and then have to stop for a light (stupid traffic lights, I just want to drive) the volume does drop so it doesn't become too overwhelming. From what I read previously about the H/K system is that it doesn't have a way to adjust the speed sensitive volume which is annoying.

·
...viva MINI...!!!
19,071 Posts
gr8britwjh said:
My "Radio Boost CD Owner's Manual" arrived today.

It is indeed a 35 page booklet with part # 01 410 0156 490 ue

It was published in 2001, so I guess not a lot's changed :D
How did you get it??? :confused:

:yellow:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts