MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes,

I have a 54 plate MCS and it was unlocked with the windows down this morning.

Whats is the problem ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
The BC1 computer needs to recoded, this happens to quite a few cars and the fix is for the BC1 to be recoded

Cooper S Works said:
Yes,

I have a 54 plate MCS and it was unlocked with the windows down this morning.

Whats is the problem ?

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dkstone said:
The BC1 computer needs to recoded, this happens to quite a few cars and the fix is for the BC1 to be recoded
Great. what is the BC1 computer ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Cooper S Works said:
Great. what is the BC1 computer ?
BC = Body computer located in the right hand foot well near the door, thta is wher all the information such as door unlock comfort opening and follow me home lights is stored.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Sometimes this is due to someone unlocking and opening the car without knowing, sometimes it's due to moisture in the BC1 unit making it go nuts, sometimes it just seems to go nuts all by itself. Either way it's a trip to the dealer to get it sorted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I too have had this problem in the last couple of weeks. Only seems to have started happening since having the heated windscreen replaced, though. I'm hoping the dealer will sort it when it goes in on Friday. By the way, not all dealers seem willing to accept there's an issue. The first dealer I contacted (the one I bought the car from) said that the only thing that could possibly have happened is that I'd sat on my keys and they would charge me to remove the comfort opening, if I wished to get rid of this 'helpful' feature. As the keys were well out of harm's way all night, I knew that couldn't be the case. The second dealer, closer to home, immediately arranged to have it looked at and suggested a number of causes / fixes, including a reboot of the computer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks Like Im Not The Only One Then,my Dealer Said They Had Never Heard Of This Problem.going Back To Dealer Next Week For Second Try At Fixing Problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts