MINI Cooper Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Yes that's right just need to remove air box, unclipping filter and move to the side and job done

·
Registered
43 Posts
cheers guys my blank has turned up and I have located the part, also looked at a youtube video of a guy taking it off a peugeot that spring clip looks like a pain, will get it off cleaned hole drilled 8.5 mm?? and give it a try, failing this we have discussed about selling it down the road really not worth all this trouble, I have also put in some good dpf cleaner but if the egr is dirty its not going to help it. I will of course keep you all posted :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Hi the clip that joins egr and the pipe can be opened by putting small screw driver in and slightly twisting thn to re clmp just use plers to pull it back together

·
Registered
43 Posts
well guys I have had a bad day with the mini in fact i have had enough to now the flipping thing is going down the road next week and I will never ever buy another car made by BMW. I got the egr out and cleaned and it made no difference so its gone only had it since sep last year. so cheers guys for all your help etc I enjoyed trying to sort it but now having done everything enough is enough fairwell peeps and good luck ;-)

·
Registered
43 Posts
benlg81 yes pal that was the final straw, after struggling to get that clip back on the egr it had my temper up, took it for a run thinking it would be grand but no!!!!! still there :-((( so very disappointing the wife now does not want to drive it because it was stalling on her so its going down the road. All I can say is shame on BMW they charge big money for their tech's knowledge which could not solve this issue, just not worth the hassle anymore people mocked me for having a 500 abarth but I never had an issue like this :-/

81 - 86 of 86 Posts