MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
your totally welcome for any help given form me,, those pumps do fail and when do they take the engine out have seen it many times before like said before and with mileage its like the timing chain its a must do job before it fails as when they do its expensive, not hard to replace just pull the intake pipe away and have 2 bolts 8mm on some cars and 10mm on others,, use a socket on them is a must have tools , then use a screw driver to lever it away from the head,,, when installing the new pump clean area off,, you can put a light coat of sealant on the rubber 0-ring only but not to much as have seen people use to much and block the oil feed hole further in side the pump,,,
as for driving on with a oil leak depends on how far and long ie those engines must keep oil level around the full mark all the time, as oil dont just lubricate it ,, it also cools the bearings as well so low oil level damages engines big time,
i got a oil leak on my vauxhall at present cant find time to sort it at mo been like it for 4 months I stick litre in every 2 weeks a mo its fine but never let oil get low,
Many thanks Mike, will make sure I keep a close eye on the oil level and top up when it drops.
Hopefully that pump arrives soon, I just received a notification from the vendor saying there will be delays in delivering the part due to changes at customs with Brexit. Looks like the part is actually coming from Germany.

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Many thanks Mike, will make sure I keep a close eye on the oil level and top up when it drops.
Hopefully that pump arrives soon, I just received a notification from the vendor saying there will be delays in delivering the part due to changes at customs with Brexit. Looks like the part is actually coming from Germany.
we have had endless issues with parts for cars due to brexit and customs ,, prices have been going up as well in past 6 months, guess the reality is hitting everyone ,,, ie this government have no idea the real impact that is playing out at present, harder times ahead for all of us me thinks,,

·
2010 Mayfair R56
10 Posts
Is it a good idea to change the vac pumps out at any particular milage as a percaution?

Otherwise whats the first sign of a pending mechanical lockup? Exhaust vanos code?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok finally the part arrived and I’ve installed it. Could it be that the car now runs better as a result of replacing the pump, or is it just my imagination?!

Btw, avoid shopping from “buycarparts.co.uk” thinking it’s a UK based company but they’re actually based in Germany. Worst shopping experience ever, was waiting for two weeks and the part never arrived and they’re now refusing to refund me.

I bought the pump from Neobrothers.co.uk and the part arrived next morning! Very pleased, I would recommend them.

8459337C-7B46-474F-863C-6EAF9C3B05B3.jpeg

21 - 24 of 24 Posts