MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Am an expat located in the Bahamas and own 2 Coopers, both 2007. Japanese red imports as with most vehicles here.
The hard top is basically a drivable vehicle (just) I purchased for spares over a year ago.
The cabriolet was a mint condition vehicle (until a youngster drove into the driver side door and front quarter panel whilst trying to park!). It was still drivable fortunately.
Within 2 days, erratic dashboard lights and window operation followed so I assumed (probably incorrectly) that wires/loom may have been effected or damaged in the door area.
So, having previously built kit cars and knowing the basics, I swapped the 2 drivers doors (hard top to cabriolet) and thought no problem.
All appeared ok as the lights on the dash were normal and the Windows went up and down as they should. BUT, went to start the car and it turned over but would not fire. Not even a hint of starting.
So, I have read about key fobs, immobilizer said etc and just wondering if the swapping of the doors is my problem.
A teaser which I am wondering if anybody can assist with.
Alas to say the Bahamas does not have a dealer I can visit for help!

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
the doors have no bearing on fob and mobiliser etc,, the rear view mirror has the fob read receiver transmitter in it, the clocks inside car is coded to the bcm and cas unit another way bmw collect peoples bank accounts with diagnostic programming,,, way around it is to use complete ecu set bcm and keys and clocks and cas unit etc from a breaker car,
as below link

1 - 3 of 3 Posts