MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strange problem I'm hoping someone can help me with!

The bulb out amber warning came on in my car - so I checked all bulbs and they all work. I then plugged in my Autel AP200 and it came back with a fault code: A8B6 which it says is for DRL... but my car doesn't have DRL! - I try to clear the fault and it says it clears- but the warning triangle is still showing and I still get the bulb out error message.. I've also checked the diagnostics on all of my bulbs and can see them all operate correctly both physically and through the Autel AP200.. I'm a little stumped and wondered if anyone else had this issue? - when I've searched the forum - people who have reported this code suggest it's the rear tail light that is the issue - but that works on mine and as it says in the attached - it seems to reference the DRL??

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure it is an FRM issue. There's no other faults and I can still read it..

I checked this issue further.. and it appears as though the rear upper left brake light downs tworkm. The tail light (same bulb does).. think I just need a new bulb.. but can't get the old one out.. so ordered a new bulb socket holder and will swap over and see how I get on.. will update once it's fitted..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts