MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
and today done a b road run can now drive it at 1500-2000 revs everywhere just pulls like a diesel mid 40s mpg easy,, and bit better than the kicking it got the other day 29mpg , so would think on motorway at 55-60mph might make 50 ish done 400 miles now and used no oil and i mean no oil single catch can has caught nothing so far and rear breather pipe still clean and dry,, still got crud coming out of exhaust from its blow up and owner ever time use it come and wash the back off but it is getting better the first few days it would block the number plate off could not read it after 30 miles of running,, thanks to john at black magic performance centre for a bang on map and rolling road runs its just so smooth the power is there from 1000 revs to red line no hesitations or nasty running the idle is just totally smooth cant feel engine running on idle and when rev'd to be honest, YOU CANNOT BEAT ROLLING ROAD TIME AND BI SPOKE MAP,

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
if anyone is thinking of fitting the latest piston rings set with a flexi oil ring coated that is used on latest spec n18 and b series engines,, DONT DO IT . have found it effects the breather system is such a way that get zero pcv pressure and the n14 needs some blow past to function otherwise its will just fill your catch can up in no time on the over run,, and for me the next time i get a brain fart will just keep to what i know works,, either factory ring set or better still hepolite rings set and hone the bores with stones,, get rid of the low friction rubbish...so thats my weekend destroyed under the mini again lol..
when stripped will post pics of the offending items live and learn

41 - 42 of 42 Posts