MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car failed MOT on emissions. Guy said it could be anything causing it but doesn't wanna work on it as could be head gasket and Minis just bleed money so I am not going down that route again.

Anyone else had this problem? Failed on 4 different emissions.

·
Registered
13,193 Posts
yep very common for garages to run away from them as can be a mine field , trouble is people buy cars with nearly 100 on the clock and expect them to be really good and to be honest those days went pre 2000 when bmw engines were fairly bullet proof, i dont rate any of the newer stuff ,, think most cars now have 4 years life span in car makers eyes not that they would ever admit that of course, lot to be said for not buying any car just lease one know what your monthly out going is and have a new one every 3 years with none of the risk heavy bills when go faulty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Car failed MOT on emissions. Guy said it could be anything causing it but doesn't wanna work on it as could be head gasket and Minis just bleed money so I am not going down that route again.

Anyone else had this problem? Failed on 4 different emissions.
Could just need a good blowing out, a lot of cars have been failing on emissions over the last year , simply because they have been sitting around or only doing short journeys, it might be solved with a good old 2nd and 3rd gear thrashing, you need to maintain 3000+ revs for a good few miles

·
Registered
13,193 Posts
Could just need a good blowing out, a lot of cars have been failing on emissions over the last year , simply because they have been sitting around or only doing short journeys, it might be solved with a good old 2nd and 3rd gear thrashing, you need to maintain 3000+ revs for a good few miles
kill or cure it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.