MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new Mini owner and needing some guidance.

vehicle is currently 116k miles, car is driving with limited power as though no boost.
1/2/3/4th gears it does feel like it has a little boost.
Had it on the motorway the other day, going up hills it had to be in fourth to get to motorway speeds. When it levelled our the car lost power and dropped 10/15 mph.
5th & 6th fear it will nurse to 70mph, overtaking is a little scary.

Took it to my usual garage, found on diag:
(4530) - Charge air deviation pressure.
(40D4) - EGR control deviation.
(4501) - EGR control deviation.
(40C4) - EGR controller faulty.

found previous owner had left MAF sensor seal was missing along the three bolts. Multiple pipes were loose. All replaced and secured.

EGR codes cleared and not returned.

Garage Have reset loads of settings, looks like DPF bag has been reset.

my thoughts are EGR valve and DPF are the issue.

No EML comes on or codes stored.

First issue, also have a couple of other points to work on:
Whirring type noise at 50/70mph. (Wheel bearing type noise), garage checked and advised all ok. Drop it out of gear and noise does not change.
slight turning of steering wheel can hear a note change and at times a slight vibration.

feels like I bought a bit of a heap!! But I’d rather fix it up and be able to sell it in the future knowing it was a safe and reliable car. Unlike the guy I bought it from.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Mine had intermittent no boost, was the boost control solenoid. Don't buy cheap eBay/Euro parts it's a false economy you'll end chasing a fault which is the new part

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys; just returned from what can only be classed as a mental week....2.122 Miles in six days. Found a breather pipe was loose which is now reconnected to the underside of the air box. 4530 code has came back on which is positive. Drivers with a little boost but not great in fourth and fifth still.
slight oil leak from oil cooler/intercooler (behind NS of front bumper:fog lamp area).
i will change the boost solenoid as you recommended and see how it improves! MPG is increasing, 44 to now 57-61mpg. Diag showed it is doing quite a few regens though and DPF is at 85.6g approx

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a good boost valve done about 5k, changed it as I thought it was causing a problem but turned out to be bad loom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts