MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Remote roof opening or camera trickery?? ☺

Haven't seen many R52's in black. Mine is grey (or dark silver if you're from BMW!!)

Minialf

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remote roof opening or camera trickery?? ☺

Haven't seen many R52's in black. Mine is grey (or dark silver if you're from BMW!!)

Minialf
Yes, it had remote roof opening, and closing.

Early cars had it as standard, but was deactivated on later ones. I re-enabled it via a little module, and also allowed you to open/close at up to 10mph.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Now that is a feature that should have remained!!

Appreciate you don't have the car any more but can you remember what the module was you used to make it remote?

Cheers
Minialf

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that is a feature that should have remained!!

Appreciate you don't have the car any more but can you remember what the module was you used to make it remote?

Cheers
Minialf
Of course...

Home page

mods4cars product manual

Takes a couple of hours to fit, you have to remove the back seat and the near side rear interior trim panel to access the wiring - then plug the module in.

The instructions showed there was LOADS of space inside that rear trim panel, when I actually did mine it was packed with wiring and gubbins, so squeezing the module box in wasn't easy, but I did it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Of course...

Home page

mods4cars product manual

Takes a couple of hours to fit, you have to remove the back seat and the near side rear interior trim panel to access the wiring - then plug the module in.

The instructions showed there was LOADS of space inside that rear trim panel, when I actually did mine it was packed with wiring and gubbins, so squeezing the module box in wasn't easy, but I did it.
Excellent. Many thanks.

I'll add this to the list tweaks I want to make to my mini. :cool5pq:

Now where is all my spare time?? :big_grin:

MiniAlf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
MiniAlf486
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing