MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a car sold as seen and unfortunately looks like they turned the engine management light off and its popped back on a couple of days after purchase 3 error codes, also i get a smell like emissions or something

P0597
P2626
P2096

I've looked the errors up but I'm still not sure what the problem could be has anybody got any ideas? i cant get it to my mechanic for a couple of weeks as he's away

thanks for any help much appreciated

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
bought a car sold as seen and unfortunately looks like they turned the engine management light off and its popped back on a couple of days after purchase 3 error codes, also i get a smell like emissions or something

P0597
P2626
P2096

I've looked the errors up but I'm still not sure what the problem could be has anybody got any ideas? i cant get it to my mechanic for a couple of weeks as he's away

thanks for any help much appreciated
P0597 is thermostat heater circuit, ie prob the thermostat housing needs changing. the others are to do with 02 sensors bit i would feel the car is running very hot ie thermostat is closed they are closed from cold and ecu controlled via temp sensor

1 - 2 of 2 Posts