MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has read any articles or information regarding improvements made to the 2009 Clubman. I was going to get a 2008 floor model but think optioning out a 2009 base petrol to my specs would be the better way to go.

That said, wondering who knows anything about improvements/differences on the 2009.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Depending upon one's point of view and interests - the 2009s have the option (under Performance and Handling on the US configurator) for "roof rails" which are factory installed and non removable. Let's hope also that the issues surrounding the base rack (removable) will also have been completely put to rest.

My guess is that a few issues that have cropped up such as a shifter issue on the automatic and some other small things will have been ironed out, but that's just speculation and hope on my part. ;)

I know several items are a little more expensive and some of the packaged options have changed here in the US, too.

Check out this forum, if you haven't already: http://www.mini2.com/forum/future-variants/, especially the Official MINI latest news one.:smile:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know several items are a little more expensive and some of the packaged options have changed here in the US, too.

Check out this forum, if you haven't already *see above for link, since I'm going against guidelines if I leave it here* especially the Official MINI latest news one.:smile:
Yikes, hope the price hikes aren't TOO much. That said, would be worth it if there are lots of small improvements. I'm guessing a quieter cabin won't be on the list.

Thanks for the link... didn't find much in terms of '09 improvements... but I know I'll likely get a Crossman if the ride is smoother/cushier!!!

Now that you can order '09s in the states, I thought for sure a list of improvements would be available... unless they want to get rid of the 08s on the lots first. Guess definitive ideas will come in time. Hope people post when they learn of anything!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
There are not many left on any lots in the USA. Orders have already been made for the '09s. If you look on the miniusa.com configurator you'll see a few things such as a spoiler, and then there's the JCW version with its options. Really, besides DPMINI Aaron's posts, that's the only thing I know.

Keep your eyes on the news section of MINI2, too.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are not many left on any lots in the USA. Orders have already been made for the '09s. If you look on the miniusa.com configurator you'll see a few things such as a spoiler, and then there's the JCW version with its options. Really, besides DPMINI Aaron's posts, that's the only thing I know.

Keep your eyes on the news section of MINI2, too.:D
There are still some 08s on lots here in Canada. At least there were a few weeks ago. I guess even if I end up paying a bit more for options, at least it will be optioned out to my specs. The 08 I looked at missed a few things I wanted and had the sport option which I didn't want, so I think it will come out to the same price more or less.

I really just wanted to satisfy my curiosity in terms of the little fixes they made for '09. I'm sure they had time to make improvements. And let's HOPE the door seals get put back in!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts