MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
totalMINI punto com
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this at MotoringFile. Interesting news as Horizon Blue won't be an exclusive R57 color.

2009 New Color Update

Oct 10th, 2008
"Over the last several months we’ve told you that MINI is planning on adding and deleting a few colors in the current line-up for 2009. While we’ve known for some time what is coming, we’ve recently received confirmation at the dealer level that some of these new colors are now in the system. We believe this means that these colors should be online and available around the beginning of the year. Here’s the list:

Midnight Black (replacing Astro Black) - available on all models
Horizon Blue - available on all models
Interchange Yellow (March ‘09) - exclusive to the R57 convertible
Also look for some minor interior updates that extend to the seating and color-line on the R57. Notably look for Hot Chocolate as color-line option for at least the R57 if not other models.

On the exterior look for the highly anticipated black trim option for both the headlights and the belt-line of the car. However it’s unclear when in ‘09 this will be introduced as an option. "

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
A lot of these changes were scheduled for Week 50 production, but since the factory will be shut down for 4 weeks in December, they probably won't be introduced until January 2009.

·
totalMINI punto com
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agree with MINIAC, I stopped my dealership today to see if they had any of the new brochures and their pretty much waiting for December to pass too.

I was told possible fabrication of my order might be late january with expected delivery in March. So nothing new there.

He (dealership) didn't know much about the black trim option. At this point, it's all speculation.
I've been searching, but MINI is, as usual, very secretive as we approach the debut.

·
MINI on the brain!!!
1,510 Posts
So when will the R57 be on the roads in the UK? I'm tryin' to work out when Oz will see them on the roads... :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I also heard that BRG will dropped to make way for another "citrus burst" addition to the range. Supposed to be a Yellow might be this new "interchange yellow", Pinky & Orange colour added. According to some US magazine anyways.

They do seem to be very secretive, wish they'd hurry up and update the MINI Website so I can have a look at these new colours...

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Too right, Brett! The reluctance to release any more info may well be tied to the launch of the R57 in Detroit in January, so they'll be trying to keep something a surprise, I suppose.

But with the US motor industry in the state it's in, all BMW needs to do is to start building MINI at their USA plant!

Ian

·
MINI on the brain!!!
1,510 Posts
I can't tell if thats a MINI or not, all that black tape is doing such a wonderful job of hiding the fact of what it is... :D

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I also heard that BRG will dropped to make way for another "citrus burst" addition to the range. Supposed to be a Yellow might be this new "interchange yellow", Pinky & Orange colour added. According to some US magazine anyways.

They do seem to be very secretive, wish they'd hurry up and update the MINI Website so I can have a look at these new colours...
The citrus colours were this years april fools joke!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Midnight Black has been in in the MINIUSA configurator but my local two dealers still don't have any color swatches.

·
Turbocharged Adventure
460 Posts
At least it's finally on the configurator!

My dealer told me you can order Midnight Black from week 52, but delivery may not be until March!?! Seems quite a long wait to me:confused:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts