MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My wife has a 2009 Mini Cooper D which she drives 40 miles per day to work and back. Lately it has started periodically displaying the yellow EML light - sometimes after a mile, sometimes after 10 miles. While she says it runs fine she believes it may be slightly down on power afterwards so I'm guessing it is going into limp mode (as yet it's never happened while I have been driving it so I can't confirm this).

If you turn off the ignition and then restart the EML lamp extinguishes and all is well until it decides to come on again. She managed to get home the other night with the light on so I plugged in my code-reader before she turned the engine off - it brought up just one code - P3002 but it's a basic unit and it could not provide a description for this code.

Google implies it could be something fuel-related? I have a friendly mechanic who will take a look but it would be good to have some ideas where to start? - the car seems to run fine, starts on the button hot or cold, returns 65mpg+ consistently and is noticeably quicker than our old Cooper 1.6 petrol!

Thanks in advance, any help is most appreciated

Jonathan

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
without a code scan tool you have no chance of knowing where to start with it, really is so much effects so much,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts