MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me describe in detail how the car drives since this issue began. Start up the car and everything seems perfectly normal. Pull out of the driveway and start driving in 1st and 2nd gear, everything seems normal. Once it warms up just a little bit, and especially once I take it above 2nd gear, it begins the problems.

• (No turbo boost) Sometimes it feels like the turbo isn't there, and there is virtually no boost when you press the pedal down. Other times, it seems to boost normally.
  • (Stumbling Acceleration) Sometimes as I'm driving along in 3rd gear, it beings to stumble, sending the RPMs up and down and jolting the car forward.
  • (Dying at idle) Once the car has been running for a few minutes, it begins dying at idle. Pull up to a stop sign? RPMs plummet to 0 and it dies. The only way to avoid this is for me to keep my foot on the pedal and keep the RPMs above 1000.

I swapped the engine coils and spark plugs with my other N14 mini to see if that was it. That didn't help.
I suspected the HPFP and decided to just replace that. Unfortunately that had no effect on this problem. So it's not that.

Finally it stalled out and threw a bunch of engine codes. Here they are:
P115D
P115C
P013E
P1497
P2178

Any help? :) Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update: I swapped (replaced) the MAF sensor just incase that was the issue. That was not the problem either. No change in the problem I'm having.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
so after the car warms up and switches to closed loop running ie both 02 sensors controlling air fuel mixture it starts messing around,
things to check,
1, inlet valves for carbon build up and must do compression test when hot
2 02 sensor issue
3 turbo not boosting correctly should have 2500mpa with live data under load.
4 cat melted
as it does this when comes in to closed loop running i would be thinking cat or 02 sensors or at worst a ecu issue or wiring problem, as you have codes for 02 sensors in that list of codes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts