MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2009 R56 Cooper S
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I'm all new to these Minis but just purchased my first, a 2009 Cooper S. Love it so far.

Now i'm trying to make it my own.

I'm stuck with pairing my phone to the unit. I've followed the guide book and what limited videos are available for my stereo unit. I get to the enabling bluetooth from the setup menu but no matter what button combo i try, i simply cannot tick the box next to bluetooth.

I've had issues with vehicles and bluetooth before and disconnecting the battery overnight, touching the cables together from the battery after disconnection worked for a ford transit I had.

Anyone know of my problem?
Any ideas.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You have a CCC unit. (Champ in mini language), different from the later CIC (Champ2). I've been pondering what the cause is.

Sounds like a problem in your MULF (also known as the hands free charging electronics, ULF, combo box).

If you remove your drivers seat, there is a panel and it's under there.

I've heard you can "reset it", but not sure how. Some function in Tool32.
It's likely some sort of problem with it though. Perhaps replugging it may bring it to life.

·
Registered
2009 R56 Cooper S
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. For the UK car (mine) I've seen the panel under the seat. I did think to check the connections. I'll pull it out and have a close inspection.

I'm hoping it's nothing stupid like it just needs programming again. Dealer probably want £100 just to plug it in. 🙈

·
Registered
2009 R56 Cooper S
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right.... Ive looked at the VO, it seems t have everything it needs for bluetooth to work, I forget the number, $6ND or similar.... when I read CAS, theres no mention of bluetooth whatsoever. Do I need to write FA to CAS and FRM. for bluetooth the show? could this be the problem.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's bizarre.
There isn't all that much to those boxes. it would be curious if you can see it in ISTA. You need a special cable to run it, but lots available on eBay/Internet.

I "think" the only communication protocol to it is MOST, so another possibility is a MOST issue.
Back of the radio, then to the most connector near the BDC (passenger footwell), then to the mulf.

does your USB, aux in and the like work correctly?

·
Registered
2009 R56 Cooper S
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's bizarre.
There isn't all that much to those boxes. it would be curious if you can see it in ISTA. You need a special cable to run it, but lots available on eBay/Internet.

I "think" the only communication protocol to it is MOST, so another possibility is a MOST issue.
Back of the radio, then to the most connector near the BDC (passenger footwell), then to the mulf.

does your USB, aux in and the like work correctly?
Hi Nav.

Bluetooth, Aux and USB are dead.
Bluetooth comes up on the nav screen with a box to tick to enable but that's it.

Been researching and fiddling ever since I've had the car. I'm resigned to the fact I might have to find an optical cable connection and use the MOST port instead of the OBD port to comunicate with the MULF2-hi ecu.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Found this thread i have exactly the same problem. No bluetooth or aux option just will not allow you to tick the bluetooth box on settings. Think the MULF box may be in the near rear wing near rear lights would like to check power Which is the correct fuse ? Mini 2008 Diesel Auto R56 ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same issue and tried a known working Bluetooth module which also didnt work ,after a bit of searching on the internet i found out others had had the issue and found the fix which worked for me ......... there is a fibre optic junction box (green wires) up behind the left hand side/rear of the glove box and the plug becomes loose and looses its connection, plugged it back in and its been working fine ever since.

PS The bluetooth module is under the passenger seat (on a RHD Car) and you have to remove the black plastic cover on the floor o get to it.

·
Registered
2009 R56 Cooper S
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Random. Indeed this problem is fixed and has been trouble free for some time now. It seemed to be the junction box under the dash / next to the a pillar. I disconnected it, reversed it and then put back together. Hey presto.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still have the same issue.
I have seen lots of program tech speak on previous posts to do with programming etc which is all beyond me. can see the cover panel under passenger seat which i guess is the Mulf cover. Plan to get a exchange unit
What sort of person should I be looking for to talk about repair.
Auto electricians ? High end Audio installers. Dont want to much of a scatter gun approach due to labour costs

Any ideas

·
Registered
2009 R56 Cooper S
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can't really help matey. As suggested earlier a scan suggested no problem except for communication error (a guy I went to found this using bmw scan tool). I just randomly disconnected the junction box under the dash reversed it. Then put it back together again the correct way and it worked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can't really help matey. As suggested earlier a scan suggested no problem except for communication error (a guy I went to found this using bmw scan tool). I just randomly disconnected the junction box under the dash reversed it. Then put it back together again the correct way and it worked.
Hi M3, When you say "reversed it"...what do you mean? Really sorry if that's a silly question...just one of the long list of people trying to fix this 😬

·
Registered
2009 R56 Cooper S
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi M3, When you say "reversed it"...what do you mean? Really sorry if that's a silly question...just one of the long list of people trying to fix this 😬
It's been so long now I cant completely remember. I believe I just swapped a few connections about then put them back.

Sorry so vague but if you have a look it might be a little clearer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts