MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know when John Cooper garages will be releasing their 200bhp coversion for the MINI?
In their brochure for the current 130bhp works car, it states that the 200bhp version should be available early next year (i.e now/02).
One other question is, will it be based on the 'S' lump, or will it be an enlarged 1600?

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
It is only a conversion for the S, which is why it isn't available yet...

I think it might mean early 2003 as well

·
Registered
343 Posts
not sure when the conversion will be released, but the Cooper S works (200 BHP) should be released about the same time as the Cooper S

Cheers

Michael

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Im sure it wont be cheap :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Works 200 BHP

Good point AER be nice to see 200 from the 1600 wouldnt it, mind you if the basic kit is £2,500 how much is the 200 bhp kit going to be then????

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Honda have developed an engine with 220bhp from a 2 litre & its in the new Integra type R Coupe :) :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's probably the same engine as is used in the Honda s2000.
Why can't we get the new integra type-r in the UK.
Sorry for going off-topic. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
783 Posts
Any idea what the JCW upgrade for the S will cost? 2500 pounds for a 15hp increase in the Cooper . . . Hmmmmm, at 167 pounds per horsepower, the S upgrade should cost 6167 pounds? My dealer was teasing me with the possibility of the JC Works S kit being a dealer-installed item, but I'm wondering what the cost will be in terms of fuel economy and insurance, as well as sticker price?

·
Registered
5 Posts
JCW S Dealer Conversion

The JCW S conversion will be offered as a kit conversion at all Dealers, like the current one. This is part of the deal that Coopers have done with BMW.

If you want a pre converted car, you will have to order directly from JCWorks in Sussex, and if you order now, you will see your car around Feb 03 based on the supply of cars they and the dealers are going to see.

Worth every minutes/hours/days/weeks/months wait I think

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Re: JCW S Dealer Conversion

curly27 said:
The JCW S conversion will be offered as a kit conversion at all Dealers, like the current one.
I have heard that at present dealerships want nothing to do with the conversion kits. I have yet to hear of anyone getting a works conversion done at a BMW dealership.

LMB:)

·
Registered
783 Posts
My dealer told me that they are working at it, so there is some interest in doing the conversions, from at least one U.S. dealer.

·
Registered
261 Posts
RickB said:
My dealer told me that they are working at it, so there is some interest in doing the conversions, from at least one U.S. dealer.
Which Dealer are you referring too? Northwest MINI?

·
Registered
131 Posts
JCW conversions for Cooper S

Hi guys, Im new here! :)

I just received an email from Richard at JCW. I asked him about performance upgrades for the Cooper S and this is what he said...

"Our conversions will be available in the US later this year and will include a conversion upto 200BHP for the S"

I followed up with a few questions about price and whether it will be a dealer conversion. I'll let you know when I hear back from him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was wondering if anybody knows what this kit will consist of. I have read in evo: at least 200 hp by means of lighter pulley engine management and exhaust as well as a significant brake upgrade. is this every thing. is the brake upgrade calipers and discs or just lines and pads. will there be suspension upgrades. will there be upgrdes for clutch and or transmission. will a limited slip diff. be fitted. I would think this would be almost a must for the type of hp and torque #'s it will produce. or does various traction controls cover this.
thanks for any info , kelley

·
Registered
131 Posts
JCW for Cooper S

I received an email back saying that the package for the Cooper S will be a dealer installed and warranteed add-on. Availability will be later in 2002. No pricing information was known.

Mini S

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Re: JCW for Cooper S

Mini S said:
I received an email back saying that the package for the Cooper S will be a dealer installed and warranteed add-on. Availability will be later in 2002. No pricing information was known.

Mini S
Welcome to the board Mini S, thanks for sharing such great info! I will be looking forward to such a conversion if the cost is not too much. Just one more question I have if you know anything about it, what will be included in the kit besides the engine upgrade parts? thanks!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Mini S I am all for it I already have 5g saved for the car and I want @ least 200hp on the engine and I'll be happy!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
149 Posts
AER said:
Anybody know when John Cooper garages will be releasing their 200bhp coversion for the MINI?

Richard at JC mail me and the S conversion will be avaliable in the UK from Sept 02, he also said they will achieve 200bhp:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts