MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car started to play up last week. I've read a number of these forum threads, but they don't quite describe my problem. The car is fine at low revs, if you accelerate slowly it's OK, but if you are in any gear at less than 2K revs and try to hit the gas, it judders, will keep juddering until revs improve, then is fine.
Is this likely to be a sensor? or a split hose?
Any ideas welcome.

· Registered
13,591 Posts
when car is cold first start up from cold does it do it then as well

· Registered
13,591 Posts
would sort of rule out 02 sensor as when the car is cold the 02 sensors are switched off and have no effect on the running of the car, the only way you stand a chance is by having a live data scanner that allows you to view each cylinders smooth running and misfire count also it give mg's of fuel demand on each injector with this car tel what cylinder for a start and whether is a fuelling issue or a electronics issue,, autocom cdp plus off ebay is by far cheapest and best for money, bmw mini software insta d bt a lot harder to run and work with autocom cdp is by far easier and covers all cars on the road as well does everything to be honest,
so once you can read what cylinder is misfiring then you can start moving plugs and coils and injectors around to see if it moves to another cylinder if does then thats the issue if dont then need compression test a must do job,
most common issues are timing chain stretch after 60.000 miles they all need one, also on cooper s turbo engine the high pressure fuel pump can fail once again need diagnostics to read it, also before replacing this pump its worth replacing the 12v in tank pump as common to fail after 70k and will cause same sort of issues ie when engine demands more fuel to rev the pump is starved,

· Registered
13,591 Posts
i would check/change spark plugs as if gap to big it over loads the coils makes them work harder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.