MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my Mini is in limp mode. Ive tried unplugging battery. It is only showing the one code. I live almost 150 miles from dealership and its out of warranty anyway. Dealer just replaced the foot well module after not having any window control or interior lights for 3 months. I am not sure I am ready for the cost of this repair. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
vvt lift on inlet valves could be the motor could be wiring or could be the pinion and locking curved wheel inside rocker cover has worn out,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This may sound crazy but I had the battery replaced and they damaged the molding around the windshield. That being said, when I got in my car the night it went into limp mode, it had been raining and my instrument cluster by the steering wheel was fogged up. I am wondering if moisture could cause p1061? My roommates Navi went crazy from a leaky windshield. I only have 52,000 miles on my Mini. I have maintained her and she is in excellent condition. I will check all pin connections and everything else I can see. Again your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
water will come in the heater box input vent that is behind the battery on baulk head i would think,, also there are drain holes in each corner that block up under the windscreen plastics outside

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Mike. I'm at a loss. As I said, unfortunately the nearest dealer is Albuquerque. 150 miles. Covid 19 has closed my workplace. I was hoping to be able to diagnose and repair this myself. I'm disappointed that my mini with 59000 miles would have a problem that requires towing and could cost me a few hundred dollars. Especially now. Thanks again for your reply.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
at 59000 miles is right on the timing chain stretched point of its life see a lot around this mileage with chains need doing and timing chain related issues,, i know the coronavirus has stopped the uk in it tracks, add the strain on the whole country from 10 years of deep cuts to health care and hospitals etc,, take my hat off to all the key workers that just know they will catch this thing at some point and still carry on helping people,,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts