MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Mini Cooper Clubman
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman, automatic with the shift paddles if I want to go manual. Recently I have been having some issues with it. The car will kind of like hiccup real bad when shifting from 25 to 30mph range and/or from 55 to 60 mph range. But once it get past those it's fine and sometimes it doesnt and works just fine. Took it in just for a code check and says cylinders 1, 2, 3 and 4 are all misfiring. Along with two other things that I'll post. I've seen suggestions on other forums with what it could be was just wanting to ask myself and see what you all think. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
need a better scan tool need to have vanos timing readings , and inlet pressure, plus a lot more P-codes and live data will be in the ecu fault list, those codes could be many things that affect the inlet etc, need to know what 02 sensors are seeing,,, most common around 60.000 miles the prince engines needs new timing chain they all do, on turbo cars n14 they snap off the top guides

·
Registered
2010 Mini Cooper Clubman
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alrighty, I'll see what I can do and get more info. Although the timing chain I'm pretty sure already did get replaced. But I did see few people with similar problems where the timing was still off or something maybe about the temp sensor affecting things

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Alrighty, I'll see what I can do and get more info. Although the timing chain I'm pretty sure already did get replaced. But I did see few people with similar problems where the timing was still off or something maybe about the temp sensor affecting things
trouble with these very complicated engines that have been designed by PSA and BMW as a joint project to save costs and not really designed to last to long i would say but i would as always under them ie i see the worst all the time, add to this so many different parts effect other parts and readings and sensors,, ie misfires on all cylinders, could be as list below,
ecu failure
wiring to and from ecu
timing chain
cam or crank sensor
faulty injectors
faulty high pressure pump
cam lifters
can even on rare ones be the vac pump failure dragging the exhaust cam
even pcv valve rocker
also can be vanos spocket or chain tensioner or very common bottom sprocket rounded off, also oil control valves.
most common is chain related, most common is valve related faults from carbon or from stem seals failure and build up of hard carbon on the seats,, hence why it takes so long to correctly diagnose them,, i get a lot of them from trade garages where they have just got lost with it, inlet and exhaust manifolds off and leak down tests while adding seafoam in each port shows bubbles from valve seats is a easy cheap way to know for sure,, as compression tests might not show the issue... live data runs will show timing and smooth running with autocom cdp plus best bit of kit to even start to work these engines out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts