MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Mini Cooper enthusiasts - wondering if anyone has had a similar issue.
Quick background I have a 2010 MC S with 85k miles. The low coolant came on and I discovered the water pump had to be replaced due to a leak. That got replaced and I drove the car for about 50 miles and out of the blue the engine stumbled at idle and cut out. I let it sit for a few minutes - restarted and the engine died while running 35 mph. I had it towed back to the shop who thought that the thermostat was faulty. I replaced that. The car was running again just fine until suddenly at about 35 mph the engine cut again. No warning lights - no check engine light. I have kept an eye on the coolant level and it seems fine and I have driven the car for about 50 miles since with no further problems. The shop insists the head gasket is fine - no indications otherwise and they are stumped. The car is running fine now and I only drive it short distances in case of a repeat occurence. Anyone out there have any similar experiences?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts