MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have a 2010 Mini One and I’m having some trouble with the Aux/USB.

So, when I bought my mini the radio was dead, I then bought a used replacement for it and had it fitted. The radio itself works perfectly fine but I can’t seem to get the Aux to play anything. I tried different aux cables and even changed the ports. Still no luck! But there seems to be power from the USB port; however, it doesn’t show up anything on display, it just has tuner, Aux and CD.
When clicking on aux it doesn’t play anything. Everything is connected properly to the back of the radio so I doubt it’s a loose connection.

So, I’m thinking maybe the radio needs to be programmed?? I’m not too familiar with how the systems work here, but hopefully someone can tell me what needs to be done?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds as if the aux input is f*****d. Quickest solution is probably to buy a little bluetooth unit eg, off Amazon. I had the same problem and they are very good. Only about £15. You plug them in the power socket, tune it to the radio and then blue tooth your phone to it. Good for phone and music.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds as if the aux input is f*****d. Quickest solution is probably to buy a little bluetooth unit eg, off Amazon. I had the same problem and they are very good. Only about £15. You plug them in the power socket, tune it to the radio and then blue tooth your phone to it. Good for phone and music.
Hi!

thanks for that, I had been using it temporarily but the quality wasn’t great. I managed to find the head unit that was correctly compatible with my car and it worked!
My PDC still doesn’t make any noise and it just ticks at the back though :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts