MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_1275.jpeg

hi, I need to replace this and I can't find one anywhere, hard to find something that I dot know what it is haha, any info on this part would be great.

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
876 Posts
Looks like your oil pump sensor, and connector. That's where I would start looking. sorry if I took awhile to answer you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like your oil pump sensor, and connector. That's where I would start looking. sorry if I took awhile to answer you.
Hi thanks for the response, I have replaced this and put the new engine in, I have plugged everything back together and the car starts fine but a couple of minutes later the engine starts loosing revs and power, sounds like a timing issue, the code is - P0012, I have put 2 new vanos solenoids on the head, but this hasn’t solved the issue, please can you tell me what else I need to check 😊

many thanks

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
876 Posts
Hi thanks for the response, I have replaced this and put the new engine in, I have plugged everything back together and the car starts fine but a couple of minutes later the engine starts loosing revs and power, sounds like a timing issue, the code is - P0012, I have put 2 new vanos solenoids on the head, but this hasn’t solved the issue, please can you tell me what else I need to check 😊

many thanks
Is that the N18 or N16 as the R56 came with both that year?
P0012'A' Camshaft Position Timing Over-Retarded (Bank 1)
Something like that I would replace the worm gear actuator. But really your problem can be the timing. did you shim your exhaust camshaft within it's camlock to take out the play of the camshaft within the camlock. the exhaust camshaft needs to be crooked with the label toward you; while it's inside of the camshaft lock.
You can do that carefully making sure the camshaft does not move, or you can put a shim there keeping the exhaust camshaft pitched forward, for when you are tightening down the cam bolts.
Another thing I have come to understand. is that the answer is as one would suspect. That the timing will be done by you in the end, that the problem only exists in how one sets it. And is not gonna have anything to do with an unknown computer program reason. I would get a new sensor, and continue attempting to time the car. i would buy a surplus of bolts. If your timing was off and did some type of damage to the valves it's back to square one pulling the cylinder head off and straightening things out on the cylinder head, reinstall and try again. If a valve bent that would cause the timing issue.
That is the worst scenario..BUT even then one would have to see the plus side of it. THAT.......that is IT!
Meaning that you can fix it mechanically and that there is no computer program refusal of you getting that engine back and running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts