MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a very low mileage 2011 MINI One (less than 10k on the clock!)

Reading about chipping to give Cooper performance and, I am sure this has been asked about many times.

Essentially:

• is it worth it in terms of power and performance (90hp to 122hp)?
  • how much and recommendations as to suppliers?
  • what does the supplier actually do to the car?
  • does this tuning lead to increased wear on the car?
  • insurance implications?

I am new to this site, so all comments appreciated. Many thanks!

·
Registered
13,193 Posts
mini when they designed the mini ONE post 2010 done away with the 1.4 n12 b14 engines, and went with a detuned 1.6 N16 engine instead and mapped the software to reduce the bhp to 95bhp so its same engine as cooper cars are detuned, so yes remap will make it go a bit better ,, a better option is rolling road tune it where its tuned to the car and can map it around how you want to drive it, ie i drive around around low revs and like being in top gear as soon as can for mpg, so all my cars and vans when mapped are mapped for under 3000 revs higher torque and no lag for idle up wards, my vw t5 was 101bhp we rolling road tuned it now its at 160bhp at wheels and i can just about drive everywhere in top gear where before is was a battle on the hills, and still get in 50s mpg on a run , before it was less as was needing to rev it harder on hills etc,
or if you want bhp and want it to rev harder and longer this can be done , ie raise the rev limit by 500 revs so vvt works longer and harder then alter timing and and fuel via ecu etc, that said on a non turbo or super charged car you dont get big gains, on yours would expect to see over 122bhp if dyno'd mapped,

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just purchased a very low mileage 2011 MINI One (less than 10k on the clock!) Reading about chipping to give Cooper performance and, I am sure this has been asked about many times. Essentially:
  • is it worth it in terms of power and performance (90hp to 122hp)?
  • how much and recommendations as to suppliers?
  • what does the supplier actually do to the car?
  • does this tuning lead to increased wear on the car?
  • insurance implications?
I am new to this site, so all comments appreciated. Many thanks!
Hey, have you managed to get a tune? What did you pay and what did you think about the results at the end?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts